Second Skin Audio

My Custom Box Idea For Two 10's and One 12

LOL...Thanks for blessing me in the forum but to put it correctly to you guys I've been installing subs, amps and most recently carputers in my cars since I was 16. Now granted im no expert and im no big baller. I've seen and heard cars in my area with 10's 12's and 15's installed mixed and matched and they still wang like crazy. Its not uncommon as you think. Now as far as my build I just wanted your opinion on the box. You think its a bad idea thats cool but dont insult me with this I think you can only handle 1000 watts rms crap so stick with that lol.

I don't see that as an insult. Anything above a 1000watts is an area that is difficult to play in. In order to do so you need the electrical to back it up with, which many people fail to realize is just as or more important than the system itself.

Now as far as others mixing subs and different sizes, let them do it. It takes alot of work to do it, multiple amps, and alot of tuning for it to work correctly. But each brand/size/type of sub will have different features that will make the imcompatible with other subs by not allowing them to play to their full potential and/or damaging the subs.

The reason the mixed matched subs is no uncommon is because the general population doesn't understand the reasons as to why you shouldn't mix them. They think just because its loud and theres alot of bass that it is okay, which is by far not the case, there are too many factors that play into it.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

LOL...Thanks for blessing me in the forum but to put it correctly to you guys I've been installing subs, amps and most recently carputers in my cars since I was 16. Now granted im no expert and im no big baller. I've seen and heard cars in my area with 10's 12's and 15's installed mixed and matched and they still wang like crazy. Its not uncommon as you think. Now as far as my build I just wanted your opinion on the box. You think its a bad idea thats cool but dont insult me with this I think you can only handle 1000 watts rms crap so stick with that lol.

Hey man we're not trying to insult you. We are just trying to look out for you. But there's a difference in knowing how to install audio equipment and knowing the science behind car audio. But the box doesnt look like it will work, first you have two different style ports, which isnt a good idea. And puting a 18 + t4000 + batteries + 2 more 12's in a trunk isnt a easy task. Plus your going to have to match the subs to each other like 3 subs that can take around 1000 to 1500 watts each. Then your doing to have weird loads with using odd number of subs. And you'll get better output with 2 subs of the same subs. Try 2 15's or 2 12's that take 1000 to 1500 watts each, in a properly designed box. Trust me that would sound much better and get louder too. But hey man no one is trying it insult you were just trying to help you out. But hey im not trying to say I know it all either but just trying to share what i do know.

that pioneer is one of the best subs out....scott owens broke some iasca records with that shit doing 180+db

if you know what youre doing and that guy will give it to you for 400 bux, build a nice box and wang with a single 12. and obviously dont go by pioneer specs, they're ridiculously off of what you should do.

im going with this guy pioneers arent known for subs that "wang" but this particular sub can actually get really effin loud

X3...Stick with something 1000 Watts RMS or lower.

you should get a 12" that handles 1000 Watts RMS

or

2 10" Subs that handle about 500 each.

My bad if I gave you the wrong message. Just suggesting some better options at the moment. Anything below 1000 watts is good for a first system because you really don't need to worry about batterys, alts, etc. Instead you can worry about making boxes, tuning, I'm in High School right now and there's kids with their Pyle amps that do "3000 Watts" with stock electical and gains all the way up. I'm one of the few who knows "somewhat" what they're doing. Just absorb some of the things the guys here suggest cause they know what they're doing. Good Luck with your set-up.

BTW- You can still pound with 1000 Watts. Heck you can still pound with 500 watts. It all depends on the enclosure and set-up.

Edited by tech2332

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

Take the advice given here, thats a bad idea you mention. Why not try something smaller to work you way up?

A single FI BTL 18" on a RF T4K would be sweet, :D, but you will blow that sub to Kingdom Come if you dont know what your doing.

Since you drive a CV you have plenty of space, how about a pair of FI SSD 12s or 15s of a 1500w or 1800 amp? Something to get your feet wet.