Second Skin Audio

got started. Got A few more pieces to cut then I'm installing.

ImLow78

So far its turned out ok. I'm happy for my first attempt at box building.

DSC00465.jpg

DSC00467.jpg

DSC00466.jpg

Shannon

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

looks good but one thing.

how far away is the end of the port from the back wall of the box?

it looks very close.

looks good but one thing.

how far away is the end of the port from the back wall of the box?

it looks very close.

The port is 16.75" tall and 3" wide and the depth would be 21.25" long.

There is 2" of gap from the back wall. I went off the the dimensions that was given to me from FreelandKustomz on my other post. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=50389.

The original specs from JL was to use a 5" round port and 15.1" long. I wanted a rectangle port and that was the dimensions he gave me. I thought it looked a little tight back there. But I didn't know. If I need to cut the port I can still to shorten it.

Shannon

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

Looks good man. I am going to try my first box build this summer also. The port looks good to me though. i dont know the specs of the air space for those but i know those subs dont breath hard enough to need a huge port I think it will be great.

98 Jeep Wrangler

33x13.50 super swamper LTB's

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9

(LBZ Duramax in the future)

Well after going back to the shop and looking at this box its Phucked up. If any one here could point me in the right direction with some dimensions on a ported box for 2 JL 15w0's (8 ohm subs). They are going in a Tahoe and I have 49" of width in the truck and I'd like to keep the box at no more then 18 1/2" high. So if you guys could help me out that would be great. I'm going tomorrow to get another sheet of mdf to redo what I messed up.

I guess the good thing is I still have my router set up with my Circle jig so I don't have to go back and have to re-set that thing up. LoL

Man I'm totally bummed out now. This sux. I'd really like to get this thing installed in the first of next week. So much for that Idea.

Shannon

Archived