Second Skin Audio

Second Skin Damplifier Pro and Spectrum Install

Glad you like th results.

How thick did you apply it to the doors?

Looks like 2 coats.. 3 or 4 is really idea but you should still get a nice improvement.

Keep in mind though, Spectrum takes 30 days to fully cure.

It will be mostlky dry after 3 days, but full sound deadening benifits will increase over the corse of 30 days.

ANT

It's two thick coats, I sprayed pretty slow each time. I'd say at least 1.5-2 mm. If one gallon treats 40sqft at 1mm, and the rear doors took 1/2 gallon that's 10ft of Spectrum each and I treated around 6sq ft, so between 1.5-2mm thick. The front got quite a bit more, but they are around 10sqft. This is on top of the layer of mat in the center of the large panels - I really think that made the most obvious difference. I did the door 'knock' test and it sounds like I'm hitting a piece of wood rather than metal.

It is a really nice improvement, I'm sure more deadener would be better but I'm satisfied with the results. If it gets better than it is now I'll be very happy, the doors are a night and day difference from how they were.

With as sunny and hot as it's been I was able to touch the doors within about 5 minutes, but 2 hours later it was completely dry to work with even inside the panels. It may not have been completely set, but it was dry enough to put the panels back on without disturbing the deadener.

Thank you for the suggestions and the product.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3