Sonic Electronix

I have a friends 2005 Pontiac gtp with 2 12 mtx 7500 and 1 mtx ta81001 amp, on a stinger 5 farad cap.He is getting signal to his door speakers and to the head unit which is a AVH-P5700DVD. But he is not getting any power to the subs. We have checked fusses and remote power wire but still no power to amp or cap... Any idea?

I have a friends 2005 Pontiac gtp with 2 12 mtx 7500 and 1 mtx ta81001 amp, on a stinger 5 farad cap.He is getting signal to his door speakers and to the head unit which is a AVH-P5700DVD. But he is not getting any power to the subs. We have checked fusses and remote power wire but still no power to amp or cap... Any idea?

that deck has a multi out on the back right?? sub out and video out

IM A LOW LIFE SCAMMER SO I WAS BANT....TEH HAMMA is NOT my friend

does he have a factory amplifier somewhere in the car, if so it may need to be bypassed. Or, there is a feature on the Pioneer screen that you may need to turn on the subs, becuase when its installed the default settings have the subwoofer turned off.

Edited by Low n Loud

did a ground wire come loose??

yes.. do check the ground.. make sure the amps turn on. and there is power there. i thought this was a fresh install. didn't know you already had it working etc. need to specify that kinda stuff when asking for help :) since in deed we are not all right there looking at the vehicle.

also look to make sure no wires are touching.. start by eliminating whats good and whats not.. if the amps do not turn on, signal doesn't matte no power.. if the amp power wire is touching anything or not have a good connection you wont get power

Edited by XtremeSPL