I need some tips to get louder!!! 144.9 aint cutting it

thanks for the tips guys im just goling to doa few tweaks of my own and ill let you know if i gain next month.

1)Im going to add 45's in the corners

2) 45 in the port bend

3) line the walls with poly fill

4) completely seal the subs to the cabin

5) essentially flush mount the woofers, when the beauty panel is in and the subs are pushed up tight to it they will be completely sealed and flush mounted.

i can put the ports to the outsides of the car instead of the center if it will help me gain?

what i suggest is that you make a box that box 12s can fit in so about 4cubes and turn it around.. you loosing alot of pressure playin in to the car.. the trunks gonna shake and sound crappy but that what SECOND SKIN is for to nullify or cancel some vibrations.. from personal experience if the box for the 12s done not wrk out go 3sx 10s then youll prob get the numbers you want

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

what i suggest is that you make a box that box 12s can fit in so about 4cubes and turn it around.. you loosing alot of pressure playin in to the car.. the trunks gonna shake and sound crappy but that what SECOND SKIN is for to nullify or cancel some vibrations.. from personal experience if the box for the 12s done not wrk out go 3sx 10s then youll prob get the numbers you want

i almost bought 3 10's then was told the alphas would be louder lol. i dont really care i guess i dont even go to that many comps i just want to be able to say my system does 148's and i want to be heard from a mile away.

Current setup:

pioneer 590ib hu

2 12" 09 rd alphas box is 4 cubes net tuned to 36 hz 96 inches of port area

at3000.1d sub amp

polk mm6 front stage, powered by soundmagus cp91 bridged

jbl/infinity hybrid comps for the rear hu power

got 2 stinger spv70's, 200 amp alt and tons of 1/0 to fuel the watts

all inside a 2000 chrysler 300m

Hit 142.9 with old box and 08 alpha v2's

New numbers this sunday looking for 145+

NEW NUMBERS: 144.9 with new alphas not broken in yet.

If anyone wants to know how to get a great deal on BNIB BTL pm me.

what are you talking about? for a trunk car, the BEST thing next to a wall would be to point the subs and port in towards the cabin and seal it off from the trunk.

what are you talking about? for a trunk car, the BEST thing next to a wall would be to point the subs and port in towards the cabin and seal it off from the trunk.

dude quit giving advice that you dont know about. some cars like to be sealed off and fired into the cab, other cars dont. its a vehicle specific suggestion. some cars lose considerably when you fire straight into the cab. what you should have suggested to him, which i will do for you, is build two boxes, one to fire rearward and see what it does. then build another, or just use the same box and fire it forward with it sealed off. but what works for some cars wont work with all of em.

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png

dude quit giving advice that you dont know about.

james told me this already, thats why i cut down my posts by ALOT and if i didnt know, i didnt post. enough said im done here

not sayign your wrong but i thought it was 3db for the mic to be doubled and 10 db for the human to hear doubled...

i may be wrong but thats what ive seen/heard before...does it mention that in your link Kian? i need to read over it...looks like it could be some good info

Yea your right had a big brain fart.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

dude quit giving advice that you dont know about. some cars like to be sealed off and fired into the cab, other cars dont. its a vehicle specific suggestion. some cars lose considerably when you fire straight into the cab. what you should have suggested to him, which i will do for you, is build two boxes, one to fire rearward and see what it does. then build another, or just use the same box and fire it forward with it sealed off. but what works for some cars wont work with all of em.

with my old box and pair of 12" sx's it was louder and better sounding to the ear when the subs pointed back but that defies phsyics.

any ways i dont care about that anymore but i have a werid occurqance that happened to me today.

on of my subs cam disconnected so i was bumpingth eone with 2500 rms with not bottoming out or anything. hooked up both again and then i tried to send them 2k each and they sound like poop. they sound like there bottoming out but not even moving half as much as the single 12 on 2500 rms.

Current setup:

pioneer 590ib hu

2 12" 09 rd alphas box is 4 cubes net tuned to 36 hz 96 inches of port area

at3000.1d sub amp

polk mm6 front stage, powered by soundmagus cp91 bridged

jbl/infinity hybrid comps for the rear hu power

got 2 stinger spv70's, 200 amp alt and tons of 1/0 to fuel the watts

all inside a 2000 chrysler 300m

Hit 142.9 with old box and 08 alpha v2's

New numbers this sunday looking for 145+

NEW NUMBERS: 144.9 with new alphas not broken in yet.

If anyone wants to know how to get a great deal on BNIB BTL pm me.

not tryin to get into a pissing match with you, but if you knew then you wouldn't say what you did. firing forward does not work in all cars. it's as simple as that. what works in one doesnt always work in others. case in point a just did a 2001 grand prix at my shop. with the subs firing rearward he does a 145.1. with the subs firing forward he drops to a 138. so it doesn't always work

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

not tryin to get into a pissing match with you, but if you knew then you wouldn't say what you did. firing forward does not work in all cars. it's as simple as that. what works in one doesnt always work in others. case in point a just did a 2001 grand prix at my shop. with the subs firing rearward he does a 145.1. with the subs firing forward he drops to a 138. so it doesn't always work

neither am i, but it kinda pisses me off when people say to stop posting because of me not knowing something when i try to give people the best advice i can. at least i learned something today :)

it's not that you try to give advice. it's the way you put things. you put on the the BEST way................, it's great that your trying to give advice out just watch how you word things. and i put stop posting stuff you dont know about. lol. nobody wants you stop posting.

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing