iTech Posted July 30, 2009 Report Posted July 30, 2009 Has anybody had any experience with Rear-Firing in Single Cab? I plan on doing this or downfiring. The only problem with downfiring is the max bottom depth I can do is 12.5" so the 12" sub will be on the surface of the wood just barely. I'm worried it might not be enough support because that will leave about 1/2" on both sides of the Sub Hole. (Where ever the sub will be, it will at least have 2 baffles.) My Official Feedback Thread PSN - tech2332 Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!
iTech Posted July 30, 2009 Author Report Posted July 30, 2009 My Official Feedback Thread PSN - tech2332 Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!
iTech Posted July 30, 2009 Author Report Posted July 30, 2009 Would the support lessen with such a small surface to hold the sub?( 12.5" Max at bottom depth, 12" Sub) My Official Feedback Thread PSN - tech2332 Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!
creyc Posted July 30, 2009 Report Posted July 30, 2009 I tried it once in a Ranger, and I was fairly impressed with the results. The only thing I didn't like was how severely the rear deck rattled. As for sub support, as long as the entire flange of the basket is supported you shouldn't have any problems. While it may only be an inch of wood to adhere to, its only an inch away from the edge of the box which is an exceptionally strong area. You may want to use t-nuts however because the chances of a screw holding in such a small piece of wood isn't great. 2001 Chevy Blazer (2) SAZ-3000Ds (2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall Rockford 600-4 Pioneer PRS components Pioneer P800PRS deck
iTech Posted July 30, 2009 Author Report Posted July 30, 2009 I tried it once in a Ranger, and I was fairly impressed with the results. The only thing I didn't like was how severely the rear deck rattled.As for sub support, as long as the entire flange of the basket is supported you shouldn't have any problems. While it may only be an inch of wood to adhere to, its only an inch away from the edge of the box which is an exceptionally strong area. You may want to use t-nuts however because the chances of a screw holding in such a small piece of wood isn't great. T-Nuts with the sub? My Official Feedback Thread PSN - tech2332 Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!
creyc Posted July 30, 2009 Report Posted July 30, 2009 correct, to hold the sub in. Might even have to sandwich them between layers of the double baffle in the very thin areas. 2001 Chevy Blazer (2) SAZ-3000Ds (2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall Rockford 600-4 Pioneer PRS components Pioneer P800PRS deck
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.