Sonic Electronix

1995 fleetwood box help ??? 18" BL's

anyone familar with the trunk of a 1995 fleetwood. i have 2 first generation BL 18"s that im going to attemp to fit in there. im going to glass the box bottom to get maximum airspace. problem is i want to keep it under the back deck, trunk rods staying. they recomend 5-10 cubes . can this be achieved. i know i can do 1 i want 2.

helps me out here people

Hey what's up with 2 18s it can be done keep the box about 3 inches behind the trunk rods you kind of have 2 anyways because of the slope right behind the back seats you have just enough height to fit them subs forward you will have 2 use pvc ports though I tried 6 4in ports on my box 2on the left top and bottom 2 in the middle top and bottom and 2 on the right top and bottom firing forward make sure you seal around the front of the baffle so you do not get any cancellation if you try the subs facing any other direction you will have problems I tried subs up and kept breaking the trunk latch and subs back and you will start breaking off the chrome trim on the car and your back skirts will rattle off which sucks while your driving if you need a design just let me know.

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

you have any pictures, those would really really help. and the trunk latch is about to disappear because i have my trunk actuators to hook up for pop trunk.

that was a big thing to. i figured a slot port was out of the question because of the floor angles

i know it can fit, just after sub and port displacement, i want to be sure that there will still be enough airspace

and they are each getting a sundown 1500 at .5 ohms yea baby

The only pics I have is my single sub setup I still would do subs forward even though you have pop trunk unless you like a lot of trunk flex.

when you say forward im lost. i know theyll fit facing the back of the car. subs back port back. only way to fit 18"s back there and forward is to reverse the subs which would still be subs back

Right where the back seat mounts you have a slope which starts off 5 inches higher than the floor of the trunk and goes back 5 inches I mean subs facing the inside of the car you have to build the box 19and 1/8 high trust me it will squeeze between the rear deck and the bottom of the trunk up to that slope and if the baffle is pushed all the way to the slope just seal it off there pm me if you want and I will shoot you some pics of my current box to show you what I mean about the box mounting but basically it will be firing into the cabin but recessed into the trunk about 5 inches back.

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

If you want a 10 cube box you will have to build the box in two pieces 1st the baffle and complete 1st half of the box and build a 2nd half with the backside that will slide in to the front half then go in thru the speaker cut outs and screw the 2 halves together and seal them up.

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

sounds complicated. be sure and poast pics man, sounds interesting

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?