Second Skin Audio

loading my subs..

i had totaled my car in april and had been givin my grandfathers truck ext. cab, as a replacement until i could buy another car. btw

i had two kenwood w3011, nothing special, in a 4 cube ported box. originally it loaded off the trunk on my other car. i was probly hitting low 43 db, rough guess. my stepdad says that im not allowed to remove the back seats so its almost impossible to load off of anything in the truck. a buddy of mine said a sixth order bandpass system may do the trick to giving it something to load off of with the port facing the window. Is this a difficult system to tune? ive heard that if this system isnt tuned correctly it can screw up the speakers pretty bad.

also if any other boxes or setups may help bring the subs back to their old potential let me know, its frustrating hearing them now in comparison to how they used to sound.

thanks alot

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

bandbass boxes are usually one note wonders.

you have to know alot about bandpass in order to build one that will hit all frequencies pretty good.

in trucks though, i personally like downfiring setups. they sound great.

yeah but i cant take the seats out... so how would i down fire? put the sub facing the back seat and the port down? or what..

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

^^^^oh.

yeah it only works if you have room to space the sub off of the floor. like 3-6 inches and the sub fires down towards the floor.

dang... that sucks. maybe if i fold the seats up i could do it.

do the ports and subs fire down?

i really dont feel like making a new box lol.

and any ideas how i would elevate it? i cant drill any holes in the truck. so mounting is gonna be difficult.

i swear my step dad makes this thing almost impossible

you can just mount some 2x4's to the face of the box that points towards the floor so it rests on the 2x4's.

yea. you can face the port down with the sub.

or you can face it up, to the side, towards the back, towards the front. just whatever sounds best in your situation.

yeah 2x4's were my first idea lol. what cant you do with a 2x4 lol.

thanks alot brewer

ill get back to you on how it goes. :D

When built with a hacksaw, a hammer and calculated on the back of a beer mat... yes.

which is probably all that you have in your toolbox.

i'd have to disagree with the one note wonder thing, contrary to belief a 4rth order is very musical and flat response i very wide if built/designed properly... mine is flat from 30-90 which in my opinion is pretty broad and it still plays a little lower and higher

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab