Sundown Audio

Hard to thermal RF Power amps?

hdrox88

i've mounted the punch series amps in like cargo holds before (p400-4, p300-1, p500-1bd) and havnt had an issue. The power though, cant say the same. Had a customer with a t600-2 and a t600-4 and they would constantly overheat being mounted in the trunk of a 350z. retuned and all was well. It seems like they work real well until you hit that certain level where they just will overheat and overheat and overheat again

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I live in Phoenix, AZ so it gets much hotter then that here. I will play around with different arrangements to see if I can get them all under there. I might have to stack two of them though. Will they get too hot that way?

Probably not I just always remembered being told not to mount amps on a box because of the possibility of shaking the mosfets from the constant vibration.