Sonic Electronix

Help!, installing complicated setup, please help, pics included

Hey guys!

I'm installing a pretty complicated system in my 2006 Mazda 3 sedan, but may not be that complicated for you.

Ok so heres the deal, im in the middle of installing new speakers and amp into the car, but to do so i have to install a processor first so i can run both amps of it, and will improve my overall sound quality since i have the stock headunit still.

This is what i have,

JL G-4500 4channel amp 500w (for fronts) (new)

JL C5-650 speakers (new)

Re Q5 5-channel volume sensing bass restoration device (processor) (new)

Pioneer 800w amp (for subs) (old)

2x JL 150w rms subs (old)

k, so i have removed the door panels, my head unit and carpeting, then hooked up the G-4500 amp to the battery, grounding and remote, the amp works fine so then i got puzzled, the instructions show the the speakers need to be hooked up to this little box (forgot name) aswell as the tweeters, then the connections go from that to the amp, so how do they actually work?

I found out that i need to connect them to the processor, but that wont need the work of that little box, mann this is so confusing, someone please help me,

DSC00893.jpg

^^ Car door panel off

DSC00891.jpg

^^ Stock head unit out

DSC00875.jpg

^^ Processor

DSC00889.jpg

^^ Processor with its wiring

DSC00890.jpg

^^ Close up of processor

DSC00883.jpg

^^ Just did a practice setup to see if it would work, tape is just temp

DSC00884.jpg

^^ Tape is temp to hold in wires

DSC00886.jpg

^^ Amp with power cable, ground and remote all connected, amp runs

DSC00885.jpg

^^ So im not sure if i need to use this thing with the processor, or at all, of if i do, im just so bluddy confused, please help guys

2006 Mazda 3 sedan

Fi 18 BTL

AQ2200D

7 cubes 32hz slot ported box

JL mids/highs

JL G-4500

Alpine CDA-105

Big 3 in 1/0

Soundstream 55ah front

Amptech 100ah rear

sig-1.jpg

that little box thing is ur cross over, it seperates the sounds comein from amp n makes em go to the right speakers the sound was made to, like mid/midbass to 6&1/2(or what ever size ur useing) and trebble n highs to the tweeter, if u run active u in the hense make ur own xover n tell witch speaker to play witch freq but this has to be done with a good eq but is more along thelines of a sq type setup

do not run those sets of speakers without the xover installed or u will fry ur tweet due to lower freq's goin to it

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

nah thats just a speaker to rca line level output box so the active wont work, unless u run a 3ch eq inline with it

like this one

bx35.jpg

on the top right hand side u see the x10-x1 freq multiplyer, this alows u to make the front channel highpass only n let only 500-5,000htz go threw it for tweets, instead of fullrange

i got a coustic 3way xover that lets u run front channels highpass n rear channels bandpass,so u can run active, but thats a while down the road from this but not to far

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

ok. so it wont work with what i have now?. gah, this is confusing as hell

Edited by tobio19

2006 Mazda 3 sedan

Fi 18 BTL

AQ2200D

JL mids/highs

JL G-4500

Alpine CDA-105

Big 3 in 1/0

Soundstream 55ah front

Amptech 100ah rear

sig-1.jpg

Ok I will try my best to explain this to you.

Assuming you are keeping your stock radio, that is the only reason for this processor.....

1) stock radio,

your speaker outputs from your radio goes into the input (speaker wires coming ouy of the box) of your processor, remember to hook them up correctly, lf -lf, rf to rf, etc,etc...

2) Processor out puts, to amp "rca wires"

2A) ON THE 4 CHANNEL AMP, RF to channel 1 input on amp, LF to channel 2 input on amp, RR to channel 3 input on amp, LR to channel 4 input on amp.

2b) subs from proc to sub amp.

3) Amps to crossovers, and then speakers

out put 1 froout put 1 from amp to the "box you are talking about" YOOU HAVE TO USE THESE WITH YOUR SET UP which is your individual speaker crossover hook your RF door speakers to this box

out put 2 from amp to the 2nd "box you are talking about" which is your individual speaker crossover hook your LF door speakers to this box

out put 3 from amp to the 3rd "box you are talking about" which is your individual speaker crossover hook your RR speakers to this box

out put 4 from amp to the 4th "box you are talking about" which is your individual speaker crossover hook your LR speakers to this box

4)

I WOULD SUGGEST ONCE YOU GET THAT DONE GET SOME HELP FROM SOMEONE , TO HELP YOU SET THE PROCESSOR AND THE GAINS ON YOUR AMPS. OR WE CAN TRY TO TALK YOU THRU IT......

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's

Ok I will try my best to explain this to you.

Assuming you are keeping your stock radio, that is the only reason for this processor.....

1) stock radio,

your speaker outputs from your radio goes into the input (speaker wires coming ouy of the box) of your processor, remember to hook them up correctly, lf -lf, rf to rf, etc,etc...

2) Processor out puts, to amp "rca wires"

2A) ON THE 4 CHANNEL AMP, RF to channel 1 input on amp, LF to channel 2 input on amp, RR to channel 3 input on amp, LR to channel 4 input on amp.

2b) subs from proc to sub amp.

3) Amps to crossovers, and then speakers

out put 1 froout put 1 from amp to the "box you are talking about" YOOU HAVE TO USE THESE WITH YOUR SET UP which is your individual speaker crossover hook your RF door speakers to this box

out put 2 from amp to the 2nd "box you are talking about" which is your individual speaker crossover hook your LF door speakers to this box

out put 3 from amp to the 3rd "box you are talking about" which is your individual speaker crossover hook your RR speakers to this box

out put 4 from amp to the 4th "box you are talking about" which is your individual speaker crossover hook your LR speakers to this box

4)

I WOULD SUGGEST ONCE YOU GET THAT DONE GET SOME HELP FROM SOMEONE , TO HELP YOU SET THE PROCESSOR AND THE GAINS ON YOUR AMPS. OR WE CAN TRY TO TALK YOU THRU IT......

THANK YOU SO MUCH,,, your a life saver, after i get that hooked up, ill come back and get the gain help, thanks again

2006 Mazda 3 sedan

Fi 18 BTL

AQ2200D

JL mids/highs

JL G-4500

Alpine CDA-105

Big 3 in 1/0

Soundstream 55ah front

Amptech 100ah rear

sig-1.jpg

THANK YOU SO MUCH,,, your a life saver, after i get that hooked up, ill come back and get the gain help, thanks again

No problem man that is why this site rocks,,,,, Remember to put the processor some where that you can get to the adjustments...

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

is it alright if i use the stock speaker wires? cos it will be an even bigger pain to feed new wires to the speakers xD..

ty

2006 Mazda 3 sedan

Fi 18 BTL

AQ2200D

JL mids/highs

JL G-4500

Alpine CDA-105

Big 3 in 1/0

Soundstream 55ah front

Amptech 100ah rear

sig-1.jpg

I would not, but that is up to you.. It will not blow anything up, but you may be leaving a little bit on the table..

Edited by CR Boom

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts