Jump to content

Pioneer ipod control problems


Recommended Posts

Posted

Got a Ipod controller off Craigslist for cheap last week and just about anything I play on it sounds way over modulated, its the pioneer CDIB100II on a DEH-P8600MP HU. It sounds good at like volume 15 on most songs but anything higher it just turns to straight distortion (havent even turned it past volume 18). I tried turning the ASL to -4 and it lowered the output on the headunit but still sounded distorted like the volume on my ipod was too high. Hopefully someone else has had this issue and has some suggestions for me.

Car - 99 Neon Sport

Batt - 1 Redtop up front On 200A Excessive Amperage alt

Sub - 2 12" Kicker L7's in ~2 cuft @ 36hz each on a Xtant X1001 @ 1 ohm

Front Highs/Mids - JVC CS-FS6 and Infinity 6022i on Xtant A2002

Rear Highs/Mids - None

HU - Pioneer DEH-P8600MP

1/0 wire ran thru entire car aswell as big3

DB - 144.5 @ Dash.

Posted

What are the bit rate that the songs you are play'n ripped at? Sometimes its not the equipment its a Poor quality MP3 rip. I had the same problem with some songs but I've had to find a better quality rip and then it was fixed.

Shannon

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

Posted

if its the interface where you control it through the deck I don't have a solution...

if you control the iPod by actually using the iPod have you tried turning off the EQ on the actual iPod itself?

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Posted

Its the one where I control the ipod thru the HU, another issue is it doesnt the entire info on the screen of my HU. Only shows part of a track name, cd name or whatever option I have it set to show. The majority are ripped at 192 kbps and are full stereo not joint stereo rips. I do know what you mean though about quality, was one of the first things that came to mind aswell.

Edit, just checked and the EQ was set to loudness.. I'll run to the store real quick and try it out like this.

Car - 99 Neon Sport

Batt - 1 Redtop up front On 200A Excessive Amperage alt

Sub - 2 12" Kicker L7's in ~2 cuft @ 36hz each on a Xtant X1001 @ 1 ohm

Front Highs/Mids - JVC CS-FS6 and Infinity 6022i on Xtant A2002

Rear Highs/Mids - None

HU - Pioneer DEH-P8600MP

1/0 wire ran thru entire car aswell as big3

DB - 144.5 @ Dash.

Posted

Turning the EQ off made a difference but alot of songs still distort at volumes above 20. Hopefully someone has some other ideas.

Car - 99 Neon Sport

Batt - 1 Redtop up front On 200A Excessive Amperage alt

Sub - 2 12" Kicker L7's in ~2 cuft @ 36hz each on a Xtant X1001 @ 1 ohm

Front Highs/Mids - JVC CS-FS6 and Infinity 6022i on Xtant A2002

Rear Highs/Mids - None

HU - Pioneer DEH-P8600MP

1/0 wire ran thru entire car aswell as big3

DB - 144.5 @ Dash.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 752 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...