Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, I am about to gut my entire car and put some sound deadner in the entire passenger compartment. I have a 2001 bonneville. I want to give my set up a true common ground for my second battery and amp. My primary battery is under my back seat. My secondary battery is about 3 feet away in the trunk. My amps are 1 foot away from it. Can I ground both of my amps to the second battery or should I run all grounds to the same ground as my primary battery? It is on the sub frame just next to it. I appreciate your help and insight very much. I am trying to get everything prepared for next saturday for my first competition.

Hey guys, I am about to gut my entire car and put some sound deadner in the entire passenger compartment. I have a 2001 bonneville. I want to give my set up a true common ground for my second battery and amp. My primary battery is under my back seat. My secondary battery is about 3 feet away in the trunk. My amps are 1 foot away from it. Can I ground both of my amps to the second battery or should I run all grounds to the same ground as my primary battery? It is on the sub frame just next to it. I appreciate your help and insight very much. I am trying to get everything prepared for next saturday for my first competition.

Depends on how much power you are running but if you run 1 or 2 runs of 1/0 ga. from one batt negative to the other you should be fine.

Archived