Second Skin Audio

Workin on a new box

that would be cool man , if u can put something together maybe ill send it to the guy in case he is stuck

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

i have some 15"s in a singlcab its a dodge ram 02 i made a box for them it fits grate and every thing but i still think i can do some more to help the sound cuz im still not geting the bass i want and i now my subs can give it. i even went and got a custom box that they sell for my kind of truck. a friend told me i should try putting some kind of fome pading thet boxs sometimes come with he says it helps with the sound can anyone help.

Well based on JL's ( http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/11415.pdf ) recommendations of 1.75 Per sub = 7 total and I give 2.0 for port and sub displacement were at 9 cubic ft total. This is tuning of 30 hz and an F3 of 35hz repsectively.

truckBox2.jpg

truckBox3.jpg

truckBox1.jpg

This will give you some idea's on how you can go about building it. Just put bracing inbetween the subs and you should be good to go. The measurements are 14" width - 22" height - 57.5" length and Port is 5.5" width - 12.5" height - 26.125" length!

Edit: This keeping in mind that you'll be using .75" thick MDF or equivalent!

Edited by Cr@sh

Well based on JL's ( http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/11415.pdf ) recommendations of 1.75 Per sub = 7 total and I give 2.0 for port and sub displacement were at 9 cubic ft total. This is tuning of 30 hz and an F3 of 35hz repsectively.

Yea that is a sweet box I just cant use something like that and be able to fit people in the backseat. The box this guy designs me is gonna have to be a very oddly shaped box because were going to try and do it using only the space under the seat, space on the floor in the middle and in between the passengers on top of the seat. Should be interesting.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

• 3 weeks later...

Ok well I posted this thread a few weeks ago after I had talked to the guy I found that builds boxes for the New England SPL events and I gave him all the measurements and pics he wanted and 3 weeks and I haven't heard back at all. Im starting to worry a bit that he either doesn't want to help me on the project or cant figure out a way to do it. I still hope to hear back from him but at this point, I am wondering if anyone on here can help me. Just so you dont have to read the whole thing again, a quick summary of what i want to do is Make a better possibly common chamber hopefully ported box for my 4 12s in my extended cab without modifying my truck so i can keep 100% value when i trade it in. I still want to be able to seat 2 passengers in the backseat, one on each side so the room I am willing to sacrafice is under the seat, on the floor in the middle and on top of the seat in the middle, Right now i have 2 in a downfire under the seat box 1 cuft per chamber and the other 2 are in their own boxes at just over 1 cuft per box.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3335727

there are 2 pics here of how the boxes are right now. The things i think that can be improved to give me more airspace are, I can raise the whole backseat about an inch, the downfire under the seat box could also be about 3 inches wider on each side, and the box on top of the seat can be about 10-12 inches taller and connected to the middle floor box and that box could also be much taller but slanted back so it doesn't force the front seats to be totally upright. Theres a little over 4 cuft there now.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

Im wondering if anyone on here can or knows anyone who can help me. Especially if you know of anyone from the new england area that could see my truck in person take measurements and help me build the box, because i know nothing about building a box to specs, I can figure out airspace and build a box but no idea how to tune it or port one, All i have done is sealed boxes (the 2 single boxes in my truck on the floor in the middle and on top of the seat)

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

Im wondering if anyone on here can or knows anyone who can help me. Especially if you know of anyone from the new england area that could see my truck in person take measurements and help me build the box, because i know nothing about building a box to specs, I can figure out airspace and build a box but no idea how to tune it or port one, All i have done is sealed boxes (the 2 single boxes in my truck on the floor in the middle and on top of the seat)

if anyone knows anyone that can help me, I am definatley willing to pay for the help.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3