This was my first time making them wasnt to hard. I started out by tracing the grill that covers the factories on a 1/4 plywood. Cut out the rings for the speakers, mount them on the cut out templet ( i used liquid nails). Then I wraped them in cloth. Brushed on the resin. Added fiberglass mat. Brushed on more resin. I then used body filler(bondo) to smooth out the glass.Sanded it smooth. Primed and painted.

THIS MIGHT NOT BE THE BEST WAY WORKED OUT FOR ME

1. All purpose fiberglass resin

2. Bondo

3.Cloth for wrapping(used thin white T)

4. Sand paper and paint

5.Wood

6.Tube of glaze(for final smoothing)

7.Atleast 6 cheap brushes

8.Patience LOL

SN200139-1.jpgDSC02589.jpgDSC02590.jpgDSC02625.jpgDSC02758.jpg

LIKE I SAID THIS WAS MY FIRST GLASS PROJECT. ALL THE ROUGH EDGES ARE HIDDEN WHEN INSTALLED. THE NEXT PROJECT WILL BE BETTER> CANT LEARN BY NOT TRYING

Wow I feel like an ass. I never told you thank you!!!

I appreciate the help man! :drinks:

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

Next I glassed over the pods with about 2 layers of matt let it all harden and then used my angle grinder/sander to clean up all the edges.

3492761040_b3042aa55d_o.jpg

3492760984_0e9c6e150c_o.jpg

I didnt take any pictures of the body filler and all the sanding and finishing but that should be pretty self explanatory. I used some good filler, sanded everything smooth and removed any imperfections, Then used a little spot filler to fill any pinholes or deep scratches.

Then they were primed and painted flat black.

The sanding and finishing is the most time consuming and tedious part. Just dont put to much filler on at one time. You will just be sanding it all off and wasting money. Put on as much as you think you need and build it up.

3491943989_589072b12a_o.jpg

3492761218_7cc79bc750_o.jpg

3491944045_436f38f311_o.jpg

3540588948_3c381fb0e3_o.jpg

Hope this helps. Every car will be different and there are different methods. This is just one example of many. If you can reinforce the pods with fiberglass from the inside you can save a lot of time on the finishing steps.

Thanks for the help bro!

I totally forgot about this thread!

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

• 1 year later...

Archived