Second Skin Audio

Port Length/tuning-help Wanted

No, 4.5 cu ft NET is fine for 2 12's. You could go bigger if you wanted though its up to you. net volume means excluding port and sub displacement. So pick a volume, and you then when you go to design the box you'll have to alter the dimensions to account for all the extra displacements from the subs and port.

ohh i didn't you had to exclude the port volume. thought the port vloume was included with the box volume. ok i got another question that you brought up, you said i could raise the volume of the box, what would that do would it make it louder?

we need to get a fixed volume first, be patient young one

sorry, its been a month n no could came up with n answer, guess just soo excited to start on the box. i've been stairing at my subs, that are right on my table for the last 4 months

tuning has to do with net volume, vent area, effective port length. So depending on height and width, your port length can be calculated. Now since you said your ports are 3" in diameter and 16.5 in. High (tall), and you are wanting to figure out the length of the port. Are you using slot ports or circle/aero ports? I am confused. But also, your port does add displacement which needs to be subtracted from your volume as well. And just make your 45's a little bit smaller, they dont necessarily have to be a certain length, width and height, it just seems like 1.61 cu. ft. is a little too much, but it is your box so if you want to go for it.

Maybe a diagram would help a little bit to give an idea of measurements with a side and top view design or something. Paint program is what i use to just get the design.

Baylor University

Accounting