2005 Blazer, Mach 5 SPL-12s.. build.

• 1 month later...

I forgot to post an update here.

I put my blazer in a ditch, first snowfall of the winter, had it in 2wd, fishtailed around a turn, went out in the ditch, drove through the ditch and made it back up on the highway in 2wd.

Sub box and everything survived. Blazer is fine.

I was working on my subs and one fell in the box and cracked the basket. Since I don't really want to spend the money to have it reconed, (and waste the coil and all that, that have never seen power) I got some reaaally good epoxy.

My dad told me about it. Its called Belzona Super Metal.

prod1111.jpg

Its approved by Caterpillar to repair cracked castings, and is used by the US/Australian militaries to repair damage to their tanks.

So it should hold my sub together.

I got a nice battery. Its not sealed, but its deep cycle. 100aH.

Renewable energy deep cycle battery

12V sealed AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) deep cycle lead acid battery

Designed to be used with Xantrex PowerHub 1800 (11-1877) or as part of any battery bank for a renewable energy system

100 ah at 100 hour rate

Its a $300 battery but I only paid 60 bucks for it so if it don't work no big loss.

7831546.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the basket on the one sub has been repaired with Belzona 1111. My dad and I got it as true as we could before we epoxied it and its pretty good, but it still isn't fixed right.

I would like to get a new basket and recone put on it, in the long run.

The amp I bought from JohnCarr does work good, I must say.

My buddy wants an AP3000.1 now too. He's got a Tiburon with two 15" L5s and a 1500.1 from Kicker (not sure if its the ZX or KX). It's louder than mine, but his box is tuned higher, mine has more lows than he does.

I'm still not finished tuning the amp. I will get a multimeter and do the gain here pretty soon.

I need an alternator. Even with the deep cycle battery I have in the back I get pretty decent voltage drops, however I don't think its any less than 12 volts.

I do have two alternators here, I'm going to see which one fits and have it rebuilt locally.

Would you guys like some videos?

yes! looks loud and i wanna see it lol

1997 Pontiac Bonneville Black on Black on Black

15" DC Sound Labs Level 5 w/ quad coil in a T-Line tuned to 35 hz

7" Jensen VM9311TS Touch Screen Flip Out w/ J-Link

Blue Custom Trim

Blue Custom Fiberglass Rear Speaker Pods

Autotek Mean Machine MM2000.1

1/0 Knukonceptz KLMX

Rockford Fosgate Twisted RCA's

2 Audiopipe Anl fuse holders w/ 200A Kicker fuses

2nd battery (Soon to be an Odyssey D3100)

Dynamat Extreme Bulk Pack

Custom False Floor

15% Tint All Around

Custom Painted Stock Rims

My Build Log

Tailights

15" Lvl 5 DC T-Line Build

• 4 months later...

Another "BENT FOOT" amp. It seems EVERYONE who has received these amps lately all have the same "BEND" I got 4 of these a few weeks ago, and all 4 have the same bend at the same place....WTF. I mean, It doesn't really bother me, as I fixed the issue, but i wonder what happened. Did the container on the shipping boat from china hit something, and all the amps got bent? I find it weird that all these amps have the same bend, in the same places?

Just wanted to point out that I just bought my first AP 3000 the other day and it also has a bent foot. :/

Archived