any news did you get everything worked out?

Sorry it took so long to respond. For the longest time i couldn't figure out how to get my old topics. But yea i think it worked out. I didn't check my amp voltage using a dmm. I did re wire it for a 4 ohm load. Sometimes when i really push my type r (like playing "White Girl") I can smell the sub a little bit. But I would not think that my kenwood amp would push the type r that hard. Is smell normal out of a subwoofer? Or should I drop my gain down a lil bit. The reason I ask instead of just do is because my amp sucks to get too. I have to empty out my back seat, lift it up, take out my sub and move it somewhere else which alters the sound of the sub compared to when im driving if that all makes sense. Ill have to put some pics up soon so you guys can gimme some more tips. thanks.

2000 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Kenwood Excelon X-692 Head Unit

Kenwood Excelon KAC-X20 Amp Wire to Alpine Type R 12" 2ohm

Infinity Kappa 6.5" and 3" pushed by rockfored 400.i? or something? I'll look later. Its 2 amps in 1

Sorry it took so long to respond. For the longest time i couldn't figure out how to get my old topics. But yea i think it worked out. I didn't check my amp voltage using a dmm. I did re wire it for a 4 ohm load. Sometimes when i really push my type r (like playing "White Girl") I can smell the sub a little bit. But I would not think that my kenwood amp would push the type r that hard. Is smell normal out of a subwoofer? Or should I drop my gain down a lil bit. The reason I ask instead of just do is because my amp sucks to get too. I have to empty out my back seat, lift it up, take out my sub and move it somewhere else which alters the sound of the sub compared to when im driving if that all makes sense. Ill have to put some pics up soon so you guys can gimme some more tips. thanks.

can anyone help?

2000 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Kenwood Excelon X-692 Head Unit

Kenwood Excelon KAC-X20 Amp Wire to Alpine Type R 12" 2ohm

Infinity Kappa 6.5" and 3" pushed by rockfored 400.i? or something? I'll look later. Its 2 amps in 1