Second Skin Audio

Looking for ideas/Suggestion on Enclosure for 2000 Blazer

smullen

Where to start...

OK, so I want to redo my system and I'm slowly stackin parts to get it all ready...

I have most of the wiring (RCAs, lots of 0/1, 4 and 8 ga wire, tons of connecters, etc ) most of the major stuff (2 sets of RE XXX Componets, 4 12" RE XXX D2s, 1 SAZ-2000D, buying 3 more, plus I guess I need 2 x SAX-125.2 ), now my biggest problem is how to fit it all and make it all look cool..

So the ride is a 2000 S-10 Blazer and like I said I want to put in 4 12" XXX D2s in a vented enclosure for SQL I guess.... Meaning I want it as loud as possible but still sound good on music, not looking for test tones or Burps... NO Wall...

I'm thinking the 4 12"s vented firing up...

I got the idea of the enclosure style I want to go with from a guys build on here...

Here is the pic of the enclosure... (Pics, are not mine, so props to lowrider77 on the box design and swweet ride BTW)

newsubbox1.jpg

DSCF6869.jpg

Now I just need ideas on were how to put all the equiptment, so its looks nice/clean and can be accessed to work on when needed...

Besides the box, how do I mount the

4 x SAZ-2000D

2 x SAX-125.2

4 Batts, their fuses and wiring... Maybe a rogue processer or two.... I have an Audiocontrol Epicenter laying around somewhere....

I'm guessing the enclosure will end up tweeded like some of the other parts of my interior...

NRA - Patron Lifetime Member

'"the right of the people to keep andand bear arms shall not be infringed"

2 door or 4 door? do you want to keep your back seats?

I know I had a box similar to your in my blazer a while back, and once I took out the back seats I was able to stuff a couple amps under the box where the back seats used to be, not like you'll be able to use them with a box that big.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

I have a blazer too and if I had to re-build my box I would do it like the one you posted.

Mine looks like this:

ChampN252box.jpg

It works well, but you really need at least 6" from the port to the tailgate, sacrificing internal volume. Porting up at the back of the box should work well.

As for batteries, you can put them on either side of the box, on a platform right above the wheel wells.

I prefer to mount the amps to the back of the rear seats instead of the box. Though with that many amps you will run out of space. The wiring and fusing can be mounted on the box. Maybe run the amps on top, on the left and right sides of the box?

Also if you decide not to use that epicenter I'll buy it. :)

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

2 door or 4 door? do you want to keep your back seats?

I know I had a box similar to your in my blazer a while back, and once I took out the back seats I was able to stuff a couple amps under the box where the back seats used to be, not like you'll be able to use them with a box that big.

2 Door, back seat is already gone, forgot what I even did with it... LOL

Just don't really think I want a wall with only 4 12s....

Here is a few pics of my Bucket as it sits, minus the system... I pulled out and sold alot of it off ....

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album.ph...100000069666223

Now it just has a quick raw MDF box with one of the 12XXXs in it....

I have a blazer too and if I had to re-build my box I would do it like the one you posted.

Mine looks like this:

It works well, but you really need at least 6" from the port to the tailgate, sacrificing internal volume. Porting up at the back of the box should work well.

As for batteries, you can put them on either side of the box, on a platform right above the wheel wells.

I prefer to mount the amps to the back of the rear seats instead of the box. Though with that many amps you will run out of space. The wiring and fusing can be mounted on the box. Maybe run the amps on top, on the left and right sides of the box?

Also if you decide not to use that epicenter I'll buy it. :)

Yea, at 1st I wanted to do a box like you pictured too, but I figured after the box size, amps, batts etc, the cargo area would not be deep enough to leave 6+"s between the back door/wall and the vent... So....

NRA - Patron Lifetime Member

'"the right of the people to keep andand bear arms shall not be infringed"

Archived