2 DC 12in lvl4s and 1 sundown saz 3000

thats just resin or is there actualy fiberglass in it?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

ok, well then i wouldnt do a 5th layer. the resin isnt strong at all. it need the actual fiberglass to give it any strength and with the resin being dry you will need to sand the entire box for the next layer to stick to. i could be wrong but i think either way you might have a bunch of resin flakes inside your box once the subs start flexing it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

ok, well then i wouldnt do a 5th layer. the resin isnt strong at all. it need the actual fiberglass to give it any strength and with the resin being dry you will need to sand the entire box for the next layer to stick to. i could be wrong but i think either way you might have a bunch of resin flakes inside your box once the subs start flexing it.

i got some mat i will lay that down if needed but i was told that coating the inside with resin would stiffin it up a good amount and i was also told that i need to do at least 3 layers if not more. but you may be right we will see when everything is done

hopefully it will work out great. i just know when i talk to guys about doing a fiberglass project, they talk about not using too much resin because it will make the item brittle and if you dont add the next layer while the last is still wet then you need to sand or the 2 can seperate. so im just imagining haveing only resin and no sanding would be a very bad thing. i know one good layer inside the box can help (it hurts some peoples numbers) the wood takes in some resin and acts kind of like the fiberglass would. never heard of 5 though:unknw: might want to ask some other people about it before you add the next layer. maybe ask on the fiberglass forums, they would know a lot more than me.

hopefully it will work out great. i just know when i talk to guys about doing a fiberglass project, they talk about not using too much resin because it will make the item brittle and if you dont add the next layer while the last is still wet then you need to sand or the 2 can seperate. so im just imagining haveing only resin and no sanding would be a very bad thing. i know one good layer inside the box can help (it hurts some peoples numbers) the wood takes in some resin and acts kind of like the fiberglass would. never heard of 5 though:unknw: might want to ask some other people about it before you add the next layer. maybe ask on the fiberglass forums, they would know a lot more than me.

alright sounds good i apreciate your help we will see how it turns out by the 17th of jan.

Archived