Second Skin Audio

Truck has no room

310_cutty

lol :rofl: didn't want to push it with all the bandwidth talk......lol

Yeah, me either. Don't want to crash the site.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

I have a '92 Regular Cab K1500. I put "bucket seats" (for lack of a better term) in and am going to make the box across the back and down the center as part of the center console. My measurements are 18" high in the back, 61" wide, 8" deep at the bottom, 2.5" at the top. Using 3/4" MDF it comes out to 2.131 cubic feet for the back and up to 4 cubes in the center console (I'm going with 2).

Yeah i plan on getting some buckets for mine also, but not until i redo the interior.

My measurements are 18" high in the back, 60" wide, 8" deep at the bottom, 3.5"-4" at the top.

Another reg cab joins the ranks. I would start out by finding how tall and how wide a box you can fit, those should be the easy measurements. Depending on what type of seat you have you find the angle at which the front of your box will be, if you have a bench seat your angle is already defined, most likely. If not, find an angle at which you feel comfortable then go from there. Then account for the mounting depth for your subs and that is the minimum box depth, just increase the depth to accommodate your air space requirements.

You can look at some of my topics to see what my box's look like, but I have an 03', so I doubt mine will fit in yours, but idk.

I have a bench seat so the angle is pretty much defined to the measurements posted above.

blowthrough :spiteful:

I do have 2 lvl 4 15s, but a blowthrough is out of the question for now.

cause i has no $$... lol

listen to this man...he knows what he is talking about!

So, the box would have a flat-backed design? And you're looking to four 8's in it? I don't see why this couldn't be done. Just need to get the right design.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

So you have like 2.51sqft. What model are your subs?

My measurements are 18" high in the back, 60" wide, 8" deep at the bottom, 4" at the top.

03' Reg Cab 2500HD

Alpine 9807 H/U

Infinity Ref 6.5" Front Speakers

Pioneer 4"x6" Rear Speakers

Quantum Audio 1100.1 Amp

PPI 5 Channel Amp

Kicker 05' S12L5's <~ thats plural baby

What do you want this thing tuned to? I made a really, really simple wedge-style box in SketchUp, I'm trying to calculate the port size/length, but I need to know what you want it tuned to. RE's site suggests 35 hz, but I dunno if you wanted it higher or lower.

Also, does anyone know, when you're calculating the volume of the box for tuning, do you subtract the sub displacement volume? His Re-X 8's have a displacement of .07 cubes each. So do I subtract that (.07x4=.28) from the total internal volume?

EDIT: From my little SketchUp I've got going on here and trying to calculate port sizes and such, It seems like you've got plenty of room to work with, even with all four 8" subs. I'll try making a few different designs. I'm still learning SketchUp, so they might not be the prettiest things in the world...

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

What do you want this thing tuned to? I made a really, really simple wedge-style box in SketchUp, I'm trying to calculate the port size/length, but I need to know what you want it tuned to. RE's site suggests 35 hz, but I dunno if you wanted it higher or lower.

Also, does anyone know, when you're calculating the volume of the box for tuning, do you subtract the sub displacement volume? His Re-X 8's have a displacement of .07 cubes each. So do I subtract that (.07x4=.28) from the total internal volume?

EDIT: From my little SketchUp I've got going on here and trying to calculate port sizes and such, It seems like you've got plenty of room to work with, even with all four 8" subs. I'll try making a few different designs. I'm still learning SketchUp, so they might not be the prettiest things in the world...

I believe it's already calculated in, or atleast thats the way it is with kicker...

03' Reg Cab 2500HD

Alpine 9807 H/U

Infinity Ref 6.5" Front Speakers

Pioneer 4"x6" Rear Speakers

Quantum Audio 1100.1 Amp

PPI 5 Channel Amp

Kicker 05' S12L5's <~ thats plural baby

I would like it to be 37 hz if possible.

and thanks for the help. :D

Archived