Second Skin Audio

EXO Needs YOU! 18" Subwoofer Enclosure Design - Ascendant Audio Mayhem

EXOcontralto

I dont think meade does comps anymore so no.

I know that BeaJay with the 4 15" IA Wardens does though.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

isnt meade's box like that? he has a port for daily and a port for comps

I would really love that - But i'm not sure about the aeroports - I know they get loud, but as far as positioning the sub, It always has to be straight up and down with that wicked protruding tube coming out of the box -

What do you think guys? Wouldn't I want to be able to re-position my enclosure to gain max SPL? - Maybe subfacing forward port facing forward? That way I could have it sitting upright facing back with ports shootting back, or even sitting on it's side, or on it's back ports facing upwards?

With the aeroports i'm kinda limited and constrained withing interchanging, not repositioning. You know?

What is optimal for this installation?

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Both videos contain meaurements and plans that I'd like to see, or will see in the future - I have SOOO much room for anyone to have a goodtime with designing an easy box for SPL

The REAL YouTube Page

●▬▬▬▬★▬▬^๑۩۩๑^▬▬★▬▬▬▬●

Head Unit - Pioneer DEH-p6000ub

Equalizer - Soon To Come

Amplifiers - (4) Soundstream TX1.2600d's

Subwoofers - (2) Soundstream XXX 18's

Enclosure - 16 Cubic Foot Wall Tuned to 38hz

Power Wire - (200ft) Tsunami 0 Gauge PRO

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

You dont have to have the tube outside of the box, it was just like that to save airspace.

You could just have 2 different aero ports mounted to 2 different sheets of MDF, one is longer so your tuned lower for streat beating, the other is shorter which in turn tunes you higher for comps, then to change em just unbolt change bolt back up.

Also same works with slot ports, as it would be easier with a single slot port to get the port area you need rather than running multiple precision ports.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

I dont think meade does comps anymore so no.

I know that BeaJay with the 4 15" IA Wardens does though.

What do you think of it mang? interchangable vs solid state?

The REAL YouTube Page

●▬▬▬▬★▬▬^๑۩۩๑^▬▬★▬▬▬▬●

Equalizer - Soon To Come

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

What do you think of it mang? interchangable vs solid state?

you could have lets say 4 ports total. 2 would be tuned to lets say 32hz and the other 2 to 40hz. plug up 2 ports to have your box tuned to XXhz and plug the other ones to tune it to YYhz.

You dont have to have the tube outside of the box, it was just like that to save airspace.

You could just have 2 different aero ports mounted to 2 different sheets of MDF, one is longer so your tuned lower for streat beating, the other is shorter which in turn tunes you higher for comps, then to change em just unbolt change bolt back up.

Also same works with slot ports, as it would be easier with a single slot port to get the port area you need rather than running multiple precision ports.

So aeroports could be the right way to go? - What about the fact that they are so hard to properly tune?

The REAL YouTube Page

●▬▬▬▬★▬▬^๑۩۩๑^▬▬★▬▬▬▬●

Equalizer - Soon To Come

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Only custom made Aero ports are harder to tune, the advantage of a custom made port is mainly you get to have a large port area with out running multiple ports, however if you do presicion ports they already have a range of tuning frequencies available, and are changed by extending or retracting the length of the port, the only thing with precision ports is you may have to run multiples to get the proper port area for the size of your box, the general rule of thumb is 12-16 square inches of port per cubic foot of your box.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

the only thing with precision ports is you may have to run multiples to get the proper port area for the size of your box, the general rule of thumb is 12-16 square inches of port per cubic foot of your box.

i thought if you had a flared port, you can use 9-12sqin per cuft

Archived