Car Audio Always on the mind

I am always thinking about car audio. Always wondering what stuff I can do next & how I can get louder. I just cant get it off my mind. even at work, it helps me pass time when I think about teh bass. I have bass mekanik on my phone In my last college english class all my assignments were about audio & my computer stays on the forum so that I can check it whenever I have some free time.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

I am always thinking about car audio. Always wondering what stuff I can do next & how I can get louder. I just cant get it off my mind. even at work, it helps me pass time when I think about teh bass. I have bass mekanik on my phone In my last college english class all my assignments were about audio & my computer stays on the forum so that I can check it whenever I have some free time.

Funny you say that, when I was finishing college I had to go thru an office 03 class and powerpoint was one of the things we had to do. I did the whole thing on DB Drag and people loved it plus I got an A lol

Funny you say that, when I was finishing college I had to go thru an office 03 class and powerpoint was one of the things we had to do. I did the whole thing on DB Drag and people loved it plus I got an A lol

Yeah man! I had to do a powerpoint in my comp class last year about something were intrested in. I did mine on my installs & people were really intrested in it. I got an A on mine too.

Car audio=good for assignments & projects.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

haha, car audio is worse than meth about the addictions

every sence i hurd music n figured out were it came from ive been hooked, i think ive been playin with audio in general for about 13yrs n i love it, i think its the part of hooking things up n watching them work n enjoying it is the big thing, i love gettin behind some punk kids with there cheap stuff n i just play midbass n there like :shok: then i turn the subs on n doors start moveing n shit only on vol 10 lol, i love bass

i guess that were on the subject :rolleyes: when u set a amp by ear (i dnt own a o-scope but ill get one sometime) do u want subs to kinda sorta peak in bass at a higher volume?

my headunit only goes to 40 but its more of a sq deck with 6.5v preouts so i dnt really need 62 levels of volume for it to get loud, but its hard to set amps by ear o meter cause some songs are louder than others, but then theres mids n highs, midbass, then subs

why im asking this is on some songs the lil bulbs on my xovers like to light up a lil, i unno if its cause of the power im feedin em or wut, my amp does 150rms @2ohm n they get hella loud but i unno if i can turn the amp up anymore, i got front rcas set to -10gain, -12db/oct, 160htz and i unno wut to do with midbass, there ran from rear rcs, my headunit can run all active but i dnt have enough good amps to do it with, but i want it to get to its limits and still sound good

oh, and if ur gunna run active with a comp set n coax's would u disconect the tweet part from the coax n wire that tweet with comp set tweet to a amp n then both mids to a amp?

n if im runnin 8's as midbass how would i setup an eq to work with 6&1/2's and 8's?

my headunit will do the same thing a rf 360 will but i unno how to do it with amps

haha see how this shit is addiciting? :tease:

is it bad when ur dreaming about hookin stuff up? :01nocomment8so:

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

haha, now that u talk about it, i was doin a essay on my hobby n my teacher gave me a C due to the fact that she didn't kno wtf i was talkin bout

i guess alot of ppl dnt kno this trade, but i love it, wish it could be a class u could take in school, steve could be the professor, but that installer institute is to damn expensive tho, $10,000 to learn how to do shit that i can learn for free from this site?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

i feel everyone's pain here. car audio is on my mind almost all day long. it doesnt help that my friends are into car audio either. we're always talking about what we want to do to our cars, what we want to try next, when we are going to find time to work on our on-going projects, etc. its a horrible addiction lol

Alpine 9886

Polk Audio 6.5 Component db series

Elemental Designs nine.4

JL Audio 1000/1

DC Lvl 4 15" - 3.95 cu ft/tuned to 32 hz

Clarion EQS746

Stinger Voltage Meter

Optima Yellow Top (Front)

XS Power 1200 (Rear)

All KnuKonceptz Wiring

u get pritty good midbass off ur polk db's?

i got a set of 6500 6&1/2 comps the white ones, n a set of 651 6&1/2 coax the broze ones, got em for a hell of a deal to

i wanna put em in my truck but i unno how well they will sound in there tho