windows to cd?..

anyone?

is it possible to burn windows to a cd so i could install it on another computer???...

There is a way to copy the files, but I am way too lazy this morning to type the instructions. Just go to maximumpc.com and search for cloning operating system, that should yield you plenty of results... BTW, I am running ubuntu on kids computer and for most part no problems, they just can't play any of the windows games on it... But there are ways around that as well... Hope this helps!!!

can download and use ubuntu

Ubuntu FTMFW

if you want it, its free, but you have to have software to bur the .iso image to a cd at the slowest speed your cd drive will let you.

and to copy windows on a cd, NO. you can copy some of your programs, some of the programs you use are in the computers registry, (Do not mess with that) , but i would go with Ubuntu super stable Operating System. and its free.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

both my laptops have ubuntu, and they only problem i've had is that one likes to drop wireless if I reboot it, but no biggie

if you have a 4gig flashdrive you can make a bootable usb stick, just plug it in to any computer that is usb bootable and you can load it up and run it off the flashdrive without messing up your hdd's while you wait for windows 7, but its considerably slower that way (since eveerything is running off usb, not sata/ide)

a program called "unetbootin" will format any compatible flash drive to be a boot drive, download whatever flavor of linux you want, and thats kinda it, its friggin cake, it just may take a while to download 4 gigs off info. I think mine took 3 hours or so

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

You can save files (Banking info,smaller programs,etc.) onto a cd or a flash drive as mentioned above. I thought the OP was asking if he could make a copy of someone else's Vista and put on his computer. Which can be done, it is called cloning an operating system - but it isn't a beginner's task, which is why I referred to pc website. So he could read what was involved/at risk and make decision on his own... I clone my OS at first boot, so if there's a problem I just pop that in, and i'm right back to where I was!!!

***I back-up to flashdrive everynight, btw...***

OP: Search and there are Key generators still out there for XP!!! Google's your friend!!

thanks for all the replies..

last night i installed ubuntu. got tired of windows asking for the damn activation code..

so far im liking it!..but what i hate is theres some programs i want to get but it dont let me since there from "windows" not from ubuntu..

i been snooping around getting the stuff i need and programs...

also i looked around but cant find it..is there a program for ubuntu for the USB removable drives whenever i wana use them?..

like if i wana add songs or manage songs to an ipod,mp3 player etc?...

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought the cheapest Dell Motherboard from eBay and downloaded a DeLL OEM XP Pro, Works like the real windows with out any of that crappy crack shit that don't work.

If you buy one of there new Dell Motherboard you get windows ultimate for free you just need to fined the OEM DeLL Windows on the net.

Edited by zZZzzzSnooze