Second Skin Audio

Ported box for two Type Arrrrrgh's

Type R-12 enclosure Ideas  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What enclosure do you think I should build?

• 1.3-1.5 tuned to 32-4
    • 1.75 tuned to 34
    • 1.75 to 38
    • 2-2.5@32
    • other (explain below)

This is my current set up. very happy although I should have lengthened the port a bit to lower the tuning closer to 35hz.

these dimensions are (outside dimensions) 32Wx14Hx17.5D. tuned to 38hz with the 12.5" tall x 3.5" wide port. porting this way eliminates the need for additional bracing. And, obviously, this is for 4 subs, su just cut the enclosure in half....yea, I know, but felt that if I didnt say that....some one would say something :tease:

the back "L" is 3.75" long. so lengthen a bit more, (check re program for tuning length?) and increase depth of box to keep cubes......tired, if this makes no sence, I will fix it tomorrow.

your figures up there are wrong even if they were 10s 4 wouldnt fit across the 32w you say your using

Read the bold.

-10" Alpine type r

-Kenwood 8104d

-Kun 4 gauge

~Not bad for the price

your figures up there are wrong even if they were 10s 4 wouldnt fit across the 32w you say your using

lol-like I said.....set up for four, but HAD TO SAY SOMETHING BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DID!!!

I think he may have cut his dimensions in half for my application.
Read the bold.

Thanks guys, for helping him to understand.

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

Guest DC Power Kyle
im pretty sure alpine suggests no more than 1.75cuft per woofer

EDIT... yes the manual says the vented enclosure range is .75 to 1.75cuft per woofer... the optimum size is 1.3cuft net...

you guys cant just throw a sub in any size enclosure you want... these enclosure specs are build specifically for the woofer... and at 2cuft im willing to bet it wont handle shit for power... especially playing chopped and screwed... you need as much cone control as you can get...

Yeah, bullshit. Had my Type-X at over 2cuft per sub and it wants more. It sounded way better than alpines recommended crap.

Had over 1000 watts going to them both too :)

Guest DC Power Kyle

My box:

2-2.5 cuft will make it sound GOOD. I had one T1500 per sub and loved it.

EDIT: Stephen had Type-Rs in over 2cuft per sub and had no problems with them. So it's up to you.... I say 2-2.5 @ 32HZ

Edited by DC Power Kyle

Yeah, bullshit. Had my Type-X at over 2cuft per sub and it wants more. It sounded way better than alpines recommended crap.

Had over 1000 watts going to them both too :)

good for your type x..... however we are talking about a type r.... and i am stating facts... alpine suggest 1.75cuft net per sub max.... honestly i think he needs to stick to manufactures specs.... vistav6 is having problems with his setup because he refused to stick to specs....

anyways ktownsdriftking..... 2 more days and they will be there!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

good for your type x..... however we are talking about a type r.... and i am stating facts... alpine suggest 1.75cuft net per sub max.... honestly i think he needs to stick to manufactures specs.... vistav6 is having problems with his setup because he refused to stick to specs....

anyways ktownsdriftking..... 2 more days and they will be there!

yeah its only a "suggestion". Enclosure options are limitless