Second Skin Audio

Orion HCCA 10.2 How much can they really take?

I am wondering how much my 2) Orion HCCA 10.2 can take daily. I was running them on an old Earthquake PH-D2 2000w@2ohm and It beat pretty good but I know they can take a lot more than that. So what can they take beating hard daily??? will they do 2000w each?

They are in a 2.5^3 single enclosure thats tuned to around 35hz

Edited by HUMBOLDT_knock

I am wondering how much my 2) Orion HCCA 10.2 can take daily. I was running them on an old Earthquake PH-D2 2000w@2ohm and It beat pretty good but I know they can take a lot more than that. So what can they take beating hard daily??? will they do 2000w each?

some guys in hawaii were running them at 3500 and they held up. they are power hungry subs

pioneer premier sub

kenwood 800RMS amp

o;d ass pioneer deck

10g wire need to up grade

VW Passat

i wouldnt trust someone that just "saw a guy" throwin tons of power too them, but their ratings even say 1500rms is and underrating, and its got a 4" coil. I'd think 2000 to 2500 is good each, but if youve got 2 thats 5000 watts. youll need a very good electrical system in the car to get near that power.

i wouldnt trust someone that just "saw a guy" throwin tons of power too them, but their ratings even say 1500rms is and underrating, and its got a 4" coil. I'd think 2000 to 2500 is good each, but if youve got 2 thats 5000 watts. youll need a very good electrical system in the car to get near that power.

Ok, so Im thinking of maybe running a saz-3000 at 2 ohm, until I get my new batteries and alt. then changing to .5 ohm. I hope these things dont blow up, I guess I can always get a recone kit for them :spiteful:

Edited by HUMBOLDT_knock

Ok, so Im thinking of maybe running a saz-3000 at 2 ohm, until I get my new batteries and alt. then changing to .5 ohm. I hope these things dont blow up, I guess I can always get a recone kit for them :spiteful:

Is that a saz3000 each or or to both? or did you only have one?

one 3000 to each might be pushing it, but just see how well they do with the power, then go from there