Second Skin Audio

Need help on a box calc

hi all :)

i have been wondering about gettin a real box in the car soon, and i need a little help gettin it calculated (<- spelling check needed)

have info on the woofers, and i would like a drawing of how it would look like :) of 1, 2 and 4 woofers

havent the dimensions of the car tho, but that isnt important now, just would like too see what my options are :D

Dont know of what port tuning ill would go with, any ideas? setup gonna be daily and music

info:

Size: 12" subwoofer

Impedance: dual 4ohm

Power handling: 500W RMS

1000W Max

Revc: 2x2.8ohm

Fo: 24.5Hz

Sd: 49.987msqM

BL: 22.8TM

Qms: 3.622

Qes: 0.403

Qts: 0.363

SPLo: 85.6dB

Vas: 60.5L

Xmax: +/-13mm

Voice coil: 2.5"BASV

Magnet: 2x60oz

Dybde/depth: 25 cm

and before anyone comment on this woofer, yes it is a very very low cost, but have heard it and im impressd of the price to sound ratio :) and the most important it fits my wallet :D

Edited by HomeFunk

my english isnt that good, so if i misstype a word, or dont bend it rigth, dont scream, just notify me ;) then i learn :)

I would tune it around 34 -38 Hz...that should be plenty good !!!! (just my 2 cents worth)

also this comes in handy alot give it a shot

http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

Edited by Tooshort064

95 Civic Coupe

Pioneer AVH-P7600DVD

Kinetik HC-1200 In Front

Kinetik HC-2000 In Rear

Memphis 16-MCA3004

2 X Memphis 16-MCD1000 With Maxxsonics MLX-100

2 X DC LVL 4 XL 12's

Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS In Door's

Kenwood KFC-6982ie In Rear Deck

All Memphis Wire/Rca's and misc.

tooshort.png

724920892.png

I would tune it around 34 -38 Hz...that should be plenty good !!!! (just my 2 cents worth)

yeah, maybe something there between :)

38hz looks like a good number ;)

my english isnt that good, so if i misstype a word, or dont bend it rigth, dont scream, just notify me ;) then i learn :)

if you use that re box calc, make sure you have between 12 and 16sqin of port PER cubic foot.

ehm, i didnt uderstand a shit of what you said :blink:

its why i request help whit calulating the box size and a "picture" of diffrent types :)

im not a noob, i 6 inches under that :D

and here we have metric mesuring, so thats a bitch :)

Edited by HomeFunk

lol 6 inches under noob. thats a new one :)

metric measuring ahh ok...umm. heres a site ive used for generic box designs for friends that didnt want to pay for a nice one. http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137804 im sure you can convert all the Inches to Millimeters using google or something.

hehe but that is the truth :D

nice those, but not what i was after, i have seen ppl here got other to make them their box sketch, rigth now, im not intrested in the measurments, just how it would look like with 1, 2 and 4 woofers :) based of the specs on the woofer :)

i have piced up a line somewhere about you must calculate the all the rigth things(port and so on) with the info of the subs, i dont have a clue whatsoever :P that is why i need someone too do it so i see how the hell this works ;)

Edited by HomeFunk

if you want an actual drawing like you have probably seen here, alot of people charge for it. but they are wicked sick

ah crap..

well, lets hope there is someone lookin by this that dosnt charge :D

like i said, i dont want the measurments, all i want is too se diffrent pictures, too get diffrent ideas, and too see how big the port is gonna be in the box, with the info on the subs.

please notify me if there is something you dont understand, im not so good to express my self in english :P(sig)

ah crap..

well, lets hope there is someone lookin by this that dosnt charge :D

like i said, i dont want the measurments, all i want is too se diffrent pictures, too get diffrent ideas, and too see how big the port is gonna be in the box, with the info on the subs.

please notify me if there is something you dont understand, im not so good to express my self in english :P(sig)

ill help you message me the size your looking for, i am not the best but i can draw

~2006 chrysler Sebring~

~2 runs of 1/0 front to back~

~1/0 wire for "big 3"~

-------------------------------------------------------

4 spl-hx 12'' dual 2

2 dtr 1.3400

3 c&d terminologies 1000s

100 aH Each

piccso 6.5 comps

pinoeer avh 4900dvd

pioneer xm box

blue gauges