Brand:

Apline

Model:

CDA-9887

Rating:

I would give it a 5 out of 5

Pros:

Ok, so I just go my new head unit put in and it has 10 times better sound output then my last deck a Clarion VRX755 (which is a DVD/CD player). I think some of it might be going from 2 volt preouts to 4 volt preouts. But, I figured that wouldn't matter since I was running (and still am running) a line driver.

Cons:

The only thing I see being a con is if you are not sure how panoramic and graphic EQ’s work it could be a problem, along with setting the time delay by ear. But they take care of that if you have the mic for the sound imprint feature. Other then that I would say there is no problems with it.

Overall Opinion:

I have never ran Alpine CD players before, but I now see what all the hype is about. For the last 7-10 years I have always ran Clarion. I mean don't get me wrong there easy to use, and last forever. Before that I was running Pioneers they worked great but every time you hit the 2 year mark the sound outputs would go out. Now I did have a Eclipse back in the day It was awesome till someone stole it, But I got the last laugh on that one since you had to have a correct CD to start it up and like after 5 wrong times it locked you out.

Now I just can’t wait to figure out what I am going to do with my mids to take advantage of the sound imprint feature. I am half tempted to go pay to get it done now until I get my mids figured out. It is basically a mic that you hook up to your laptop and it goes in with a program and makes it the best sound possible for the driver and front passenger; using the time delay and sound processer, and EQ. Anyhow I would recommend the Alpine CDA-9887 to anyone that wants better sound quality.

Chrysler 300 on 24" Menzari's

Alpine 9887 CD player

Sundown SAZ-1500, and 3-10" SA's wired to .667 ohms

My Current Build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/137773-burbarrys-chrysler-300-walled-off/