Dale's Enclosure Build (update: More Pics Added)

i don't have a car so i can't really help you there. but, the only way to get the biggest box that could fit in there (that i know of), is to build the box IN the trunk. hard work, but it works

ya the the last option i got left and since this is my first box it will be pretty hard o well got a lot of time... still got to buy an amp (I'm going with a Hifonics BXI 1606d) I'm waiting to let my bank account to recover from the subs :) hmm u think if i gonna try these dimensions with the cardboard box 14.5 w 36-37 d 26-27 see what happens and for wiring well i have no clue in that department also

well here some pictures from my little experiment:

Posted Image

heres a little bonus picture got back a few weeks :D

Posted Image

the box fits it just a pain in the ass to get into the trunk( it was H15 W39 D29 so i'm gonna have to size down I'm thinking probably H14.5 W36 D27

the gross should be with 6.618 cubic feet without displacement so now i was hoping that you can help me out with figuring out the port :)

Wat up dale well i'm using H 14.5 W 36 D 27 and i aiming for a frequency around 32-33 now how would i go about figuring out the port because i know i got to figure out the port to be able to include the port displacement in the total volume. well whenever you have time let me know thanks dale :D

Freestylin, I'm done.

First let me warn you...you don't have much space, so i did the best i could with what we had to work with.

ok, your box volume will be 6.618 cu ft. NET....I have already factored in the 3/4" MDF.

the subs will get 4.5 cu ft. of air for themselves.

the port dimensions: 6.5" W, 13" H, and 41" L (EFFECTIVE length, more on this later!!)

the port will occupy about 2 cu ft. of space, so that leaves you with a fraction of a cube for angle cuts and other displacements. now if you happen to use more than that

fraction of space, then what will happen is that your tuning will go up from 32 hertz toward 33, which is nothing to worry about. i tuned a little lower un purpose so that you take up

a little more space, then your tuning will be right where you wanted it to begin with.

now about port effective length. 41" is port's "effective length...NOT necessarily the cut length.

your cut lengths are 19.75" and 13.25" for the port walls. As you can see the total cut length is 33" which produces an effective port length of 41" (end correction is factored).

The longer cut is for the port wall going into the box, and the shorter on is for the wall going toward the subs

If you need me to, I can explain why the effective length is different from your cut length.

That's not all, I still have to show you HOW I arrived at those values

Wow dale thank you so much man ahha i'm dedicating my first box to you hahaha well ya i would love to know how you arrived to these values once again thanks a lot bro

Archived