Second Skin Audio

Sub box

ArtemCRV

Square boxes are easier to build and to calculate volumes, go try building a circualar enlosure with a sheet of MDF, and go build a square box with MDF see which is easier.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Square boxes are easier to build and to calculate volumes, go try building a circualar enlosure with a sheet of MDF, and go build a square box with MDF see which is easier.

It's as easy to calculate a circualar enlosure as square one... It's a 5th grade of school... :pardon:

But anyways... i'm not saying it's easy... but it looks waaay better.... don't you think? :)

I'll try as soon as I get a circle cutting jig somewhere... I'm not going to buy it to use 2-3 times...

im a tree hugging faggot who enjoys long penis with a side of whipped cream if you know what i mean

I think the answers have been given. "Square" box's are easier to build, they give you more air space compaired to something like a bass tube. Not to say that you HAVE TO go with a square box, you dont HAVE TO do anything you dont wanna do. If you want your very own custom box that isn't like all the other "square" box's, build one out of fiberglass. Search around the site, there are alot of different box designs that are unique and custom. Mine is more of a wedge than a "square".

03' Reg Cab 2500HD

Alpine 9807 H/U

Infinity Ref 6.5" Front Speakers

Pioneer 4"x6" Rear Speakers

Quantum Audio 1100.1 Amp

PPI 5 Channel Amp

Kicker 05' S12L5's <~ thats plural baby

Square box's are easier to build

not agree... much more calculations with square

they give you more air space compaired to something like a bass tube.

not agree again... as far as I learned, the same size of circle will have as much air as square... 5th grade again... lol

Anyway i learned here everything i need to know about boxes so it's useless to continue this discussion... :)

Thanks everyone! You guys are really helpful! Hope someday i'd give some advices to newbies...))

BTW my tube is gonna be not of fiberglass... all wooden and perfectly simetrical...

im a tree hugging faggot who enjoys long penis with a side of whipped cream if you know what i mean

not agree... much more calculations with square

not agree again... as far as I learned, the same size of circle will have as much air as square... 5th grade again... lol

Anyway i learned here everything i need to know about boxes so it's useless to continue this discussion... :)

Thanks everyone! You guys are really helpful! Hope someday i'd give some advices to newbies...))

BTW my tube is gonna be not of fiberglass... all wooden and perfectly simetrical...

Umm what?

"Square" V= LWH

"Round" V= Pir2H

Tell me where the more calculations come in?

Idk what 5th grade you went to but you got some jacked up learnin there buddy.

Exhibit A=

Posted Image

Please stay away from the "newbies"

03' Reg Cab 2500HD

Alpine 9807 H/U

Quantum Audio 1100.1 Amp

PPI 5 Channel Amp

Umm what?

"Square" V= LWH

"Round" V= Pir2H

Tell me where the more calculations come in?

well my mistake lol... round more calc. but it doesn't change anything...

on your pic radius = width... why? why didn't you for example make radius=diagonal? i said the same size, not smaller or bigger... :rolleyes:

the same size round still has the same air

on you pic radius = width... why? i said the same size, not smaller... :rolleyes:

There's that 5th grade learning you aquired, we're still talking about a defined space such as a vehicle arn't we, I mean this is a car audio forum is it not? I haven't seen a vehicle yet where a bass tube could take more advantage of possible air space than a custom "square" box. Keep tryin though. :acute:

03' Reg Cab 2500HD

Alpine 9807 H/U

Quantum Audio 1100.1 Amp

PPI 5 Channel Amp

There's that 5th grade learning you aquired, we're still talking about a defined space such as a vehicle arn't we, I mean this is a car audio forum is it not? I haven't seen a vehicle yet where a bass tube could take more advantage of possible air space than a custom "square" box. Keep tryin though. :acute:

well you got me :wacko:

sure any car more square thn round...

BUT STILL TUBE LOOKS BETTER http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/tease.gif http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/tease.gif http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/tease.gif

well my mistake lol... round more calc. but it doesn't change anything...

on your pic radius = width... why? why didn't you for example make radius=diagonal? i said the same size, not smaller or bigger... :rolleyes:

the same size round still has the same air

You dun snuck up and did a ninja edit on me, but no bother, I believe my above statement answers that question. But to be more indepth, you keep saying "same size", what do you mean same size? I can understand how a cube and a cylinder can have the same volume but how do they have the "same size round" as you put it?

Once again, keep trying, you'll get er' down son. :acute:

03' Reg Cab 2500HD

Alpine 9807 H/U

Quantum Audio 1100.1 Amp

PPI 5 Channel Amp

My buddy used to use a 5 gallon bucket for an enclosure...... I LOL'd

Also it is much easier to make a ported box if it is square.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Archived