Second Skin Audio

Sub box

ArtemCRV

Still reading. Still learning. I've gone through many info and made a list of things i'd need 4 my 1st project. But still have a question. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mega_shok.gif

Why everyone build huge sub boxes? Why not making them compact and nice looking? Why big ugly square boxes? For me how it looks as much important as how it sounds. What did I miss?

Or maybe the sub box works like a gun? :unknw: As longer it (sound way) is, as more power you can get? http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

Can someone explain? Thanks! :hi:

im a tree hugging faggot who enjoys long penis with a side of whipped cream if you know what i mean

people make thier boxes for what the sub sounds best, sometimes it has to be a big ol box. not everyone can fiberglass a box for every purpose out there and mosty of the time you dont get looks and sound

people make thier boxes for what the sub sounds best

isn't it true that all subs work the same way? what does that mean "make thier boxes for what the sub sounds best" ?

Or every sub needs its own box shape?

I mean 90% of boxes I saw were squered. When I see these boxes I just wanna say hell dude it looks like a coffin... lol :spiteful:

Well I'm not saying that sh*t couse I understand how much work ppl put on their projects and I respect that but still if I wasn't polite i'd say that :pardon:

im a tree hugging faggot who enjoys long penis with a side of whipped cream if you know what i mean

At the most basic level a larger box allows more air to move around. Also, the larger the box, the more efficiently the subs can operate. If the box has a small internal volume, the more interference the subs get from the air being forced in and out of the box.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

At the most basic level a larger box allows more air to move around. Also, the larger the box, the more efficiently the subs can operate. If the box has a small internal volume, the more interference the subs get from the air being forced in and out of the box.

so more air = better sound quality & loudness?

the box can make a huge difference in output

lets say a nice dd z18 was sitting on the table with an amp hooked up to it, beating full blast. makes no sound other than air whiishing in the motor...itll beat up and down but make no sound

throw it in a sealed box and now you've got bass. call it a solid 150 for example.

throw it in a nice ported box and you can pick up as much as 15db in some cases, so now we're up to 165

make some crazy triple bandpass 8th order and you can squeak out a 180

the box makes more of a difference in some cases than the subs and amp. these big ugly boxes are strong, reliable, and loud.

many people on here have nice boxes, but as a whole everyone here is obsessed with being loud

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

ugly is loud my friend

but as some guys on here have proven that you can have the spl and look good doing it, but its a whole lot harder than it looks, and regardless of the shape its going to be a huge monstrosity you have to shoehorn in. hell my thing is 25 cubes and its in a toyota.

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

the box can make a huge difference in output

lets say a nice dd z18 was sitting on the table with an amp hooked up to it, beating full blast. makes no sound other than air whiishing in the motor...itll beat up and down but make no sound

throw it in a sealed box and now you've got bass. call it a solid 150 for example.

throw it in a nice ported box and you can pick up as much as 15db in some cases, so now we're up to 165

make some crazy triple bandpass 8th order and you can squeak out a 180

the box makes more of a difference in some cases than the subs and amp. these big ugly boxes are strong, reliable, and loud.

many people on here have nice boxes, but as a whole everyone here is obsessed with being loud

I got it. But still... the air way has to be BIG, making big echo inside or LONG, like a gun, making air going faster while going through? Or both big and long?

http://bcae1.com/spboxnew2.htm

go read

itll answer your questions, and give you the basics of what we're trying to say

Team DC

Archived