Second Skin Audio

Sub box

ArtemCRV

OMG kid, really, c'mon, keep up now Mr MD

Cube:

For a cube of edge length a,

Surface Area= 6a^2

Volume= a^3

Riiigghtt, Maybe you should think before you type this stuff...

whatever...

our discussion finished! period!

im a tree hugging faggot who enjoys long penis with a side of whipped cream if you know what i mean

please don't tell me this is your project :rofl:

i mean wtf is that? :rofl: water drain?

That sir, is your basic cylindrical ported box, the "coffins" dont seem so ugly now LOL.

Edit: Aint is a word but it doesnt belong in that sentence.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

That sir, is your basic cylindrical ported box, the "coffins" aint seem so ugly now lOL.

lol... no they are not now! :rofl:

anyway i can't put my thought in your heads...

i'll build it the same way i imagine it and we'll see how well or bad i did... :)

im a tree hugging faggot who enjoys long penis with a side of whipped cream if you know what i mean

I've never seen one like it. He says it's hittin a 46ish.

03' Reg Cab 2500HD

Alpine 9807 H/U

Infinity Ref 6.5" Front Speakers

Pioneer 4"x6" Rear Speakers

Quantum Audio 1100.1 Amp

PPI 5 Channel Amp

Kicker 05' S12L5's <~ thats plural baby

whatever...

our discussion finished! period!

Opps, I must have called you out on something else, sorry Mr MD, but you can't play with the C.D.'s, especially when we got CAD.

03' Reg Cab 2500HD

Alpine 9807 H/U

Infinity Ref 6.5" Front Speakers

Pioneer 4"x6" Rear Speakers

Quantum Audio 1100.1 Amp

PPI 5 Channel Amp

Kicker 05' S12L5's <~ thats plural baby

Alright. I hate to get involved in this, but I figure a little bit of 9th grade geometry could settle this.

1) If you have a circle and a square with equal width, the square will always be larger than the circle. EXAMPLE:

Posted Image

2) It is possible for a cirlce and a square to have the same area. EXAMPLE:

Posted Image

3) A cylinder with the same volume as a cube has less surface area, meaning it will require less material to build.

4) Building a cylindrical enclosure out of MDF will be an extremely challenging task. The only two options I can think of are cutting grooves in it and bending into a tube or cutting out rings and stacking them and gluing them, both of which would be an enormous amount of effort.

5) A custom box, wrapped or painted to match your interior, is almost guaranteed to sound and look better than a tube sitting in the back of your car. I know it'd be more original to make a tube enclosure, but for someone that's never built a box before, it'd be an overwhelming task.

There's a reason that everybody on here's saying that a tube enclosure's not a good idea. It's not because they don't look cool, it's because everybody knows a box or another similar custom shape (like a wedge) is PROVEN to work. Even the most experienced box builders will build a box instead of a tube every time, because they know it'll work. I don't even know how you'd port a tube enclosure if there's subs on both ends. And then there's the issue of it rolling around while you're driving. The look of a tube enclosure just isn't worth the effort to 99% of box builders. If you think it is, feel free to try your hand at building one.

One more thing. When people say that they build their box/system for what sounds best, that means that they have to build their box specific to their subwoofers and, more importantly, their CAR. You're never gonna see someone with Steve Meade's system inside a Volkswagen Beetle. It might be possible to fit all the subs and equipment in there, but it'd sound horrible because there'd be no room for the air to move around. So you've got to make your box based on the space limitations of the car and the space requirements of the subs. The larger the subs, the larger the enclosure they need. When the space limitations of the car become a problem, the look of the box (i.e. a tube) becomes less important, as a tube wastes a bunch of space. If space isn't a limitation, a tube would work fine, it'd just be a bitch to build.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

cutting out rings and stacking them and gluing them

that's what i was going to do

One more thing. When people say that they build their box/system for what sounds best, that means that they have to build their box specific to their subwoofers and, more importantly, their CAR. You're never gonna see someone with Steve Meade's system inside a Volkswagen Beetle. It might be possible to fit all the subs and equipment in there, but it'd sound horrible because there'd be no room for the air to move around. So you've got to make your box based on the space limitations of the car and the space requirements of the subs. The larger the subs, the larger the enclosure they need. When the space limitations of the car become a problem, the look of the box (i.e. a tube) becomes less important, as a tube wastes a bunch of space. If space isn't a limitation, a tube would work fine, it'd just be a bitch to build.

now i got it :)

Archived