BOSS 12" 500W SUBWOOFER $19.99

ArtemCRV

You are probably thinking of BOSE, they make hi end audio for cars from the factory.

What about Sharp?

Have somewhere in clothet 4 new heavy 8" woofers Sharp RMS:500W each... one guy gave me them long time ago but the problem is that i don't know they are for car or home stereo... btw i don't even know the difference

im a tree hugging faggot who enjoys long penis with a side of whipped cream if you know what i mean

arent most home audio subs 8ohm......and up? pop up some pics of these subs, someone should be able to tell ya......

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

arent most home audio subs 8ohm......and up? pop up some pics of these subs, someone should be able to tell ya......

I am guessing the SHARP subs are home theatre subs, they would work in a car though I dont know how they would sound. If they where 8 ohm subs you would have to wire them in parrallel to get a final load of 2 ohms.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

arent most home audio subs 8ohm......and up?

it says on the 1st magnet 12 Ohm...

what does that mean?

pop up some pics of these subs, someone should be able to tell ya......

pics tomorrow... now it's 3 am and i don't give a sh*t about anything :wacko:

By the way how can i check at home if they work?

im a tree hugging faggot who enjoys long penis with a side of whipped cream if you know what i mean

you can hook them up to anything......home stereo, car stereo, ect. just to see if they work. but you need to ge the ohms right with whatever amp you use to get the most out of your amp and subs. if they are single voice coil 12ohm subs, and you have 4 of them, you can get as low as an 3 ohm load....I believe.....wont be too bad at all. maybe a little higher ohms with impendance rise..... lets see what some other guys think.

sorry. missed first question....12ohms is the resistance of the coil for that sub. most car audio is 4 ohm, with subs being dual or single 4 ohms, dual or single 2 ohms, and even the occasional dual or single 1 ohms. at 12 ohms, it will take more power to get the subs pumping. any info on rms wattage of these subs?

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

it says on the 1st magnet 12 Ohm...

what does that mean?

pics tomorrow... now it's 3 am and i don't give a sh*t about anything :wacko:

By the way how can i check at home if they work?

It means if you put em in a car that you would want to put em on an amp that makes it power at 2 ohms, you can check em at home if you have any kind of strereo, and some speaker wire, though since they are 12 ohms they probably wont get the full power from your home stereo.

Edit: Also the amp you out em on to power them to their potential cant be decided yet since I dont know how much each of em can take.

Edit Edit: Impendence Rise/Box Rise changes with frequency and different boxes, the only way you could calculate impedence rise to get the most out of your amp, is if you are doing burps at a specific Frequency, since then you know your rise at that Hz you can drop you ohm load to compensate.

Edit Edit Edit LOL: About the more power, as long as he parralels all of them to a 3 ohm load, he will not have to add any additional power than if he had the 4 similiar car subs on the same power, the reason they have higher ohm ratings for HT setups, is usually in these set ups you are running 12+ speakers in some cases, and running them in parrallel brings the load down to where the reciever puts out the most.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

you can hook them up to anything......home stereo, car stereo, ect. just to see if they work. but you need to ge the ohms right with whatever amp you use to get the most out of your amp and subs. if they are single voice coil 12ohm subs, and you have 4 of them, you can get as low as an 3 ohm load....I believe.....wont be too bad at all. maybe a little higher ohms with impendance rise..... lets see what some other guys think.

sorry. missed first question....12ohms is the resistance of the coil for that sub. most car audio is 4 ohm, with subs being dual or single 4 ohms, dual or single 2 ohms, and even the occasional dual or single 1 ohms. at 12 ohms, it will take more power to get the subs pumping. any info on rms wattage of these subs?

so less ohms = less power to use? and less power taken is good?

so less ohms = less power to use? and less power taken is good?

Say you only use one of those subs, you have an impendence of 12 ohms, but the amp you are using makes 300rms at 4 ohms, so the amp will see a 12 ohms load and will put out a great deal less than what it is rated at do to the higher impendence. So instead of making 300 rms it is probably at about 75-100rms, and some amps dont like running at higher ohm loads just like some dont like running at low loads.

If you where to use all 4 and wire them in parrallel, you would get a final impendence of 3 ohms, which the amp can put out its full power or close to it.

Edit: To answer your question the higher the ohms the less power your amp makes.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Say you only use one of those subs, you have an impendence of 12 ohms, but the amp you are using makes 300rms at 4 ohms, so the amp will see a 12 ohms load and will put out a great deal less than what it is rated at do to the higher impendence. So instead of making 300 rms it is probably at about 75-100rms, and some amps dont like running at higher ohm loads just like some dont like running at low loads.

If you where to use all 4 and wire them in parrallel, you would get a final impendence of 3 ohms, which the amp can put out its full power or close to it.

Edit: To answer your question the higher the ohms the less power your amp makes.

Can you give me some links where i can get all info on how to calculate all these numbers? And link where I can read about batteries and alternators... I want to know what max power i can put in my car without installing them and how to calculate power with installed additional batteries and alternators... and what that "yellow cap" battery about?

Well basically info on all electrical work...

Archived