CB RADIOS? does any1 have any experience with them

i want to buy a cb radio and a pa horn but i have a couple of questions before i buy it.

can i really talk to alot of people over the cb radio or is there usually no one to talk to?

if i buy a cb radio do i have to tune it myself? what if i buy one that says peaked and tuned already?

Edited by MTX J30
Once or twice I have missed having a back seat / rear hatch, but all in all people love to see a walled vehcile. It just screams "i'm not fucking around with my setup, im loud"

i want to buy a cb radio and a pa horn but i have a couple of questions before i buy it.

can i really talk to alot of people over the cb radio or is there usually no one to talk to?

if i buy a cb radio do i have to tune it myself? what if i buy one that says peaked and tuned already?

Depends on where you are located. if you are off in the woods, your not going to get too far out, or pick up much. If you live pretty close to a freeway, you may be able to chat with some of the truckers as they pass through. depends on the power output of the cb you chose, the antennea you use, and the interference around you. invest in something nice, take it to a truckstop to find out how to turn it up, and have fun. I used to run a cobra nightwatch soundtracker. spent another $200 and got out more than 20 miles on flat land......most of your usable channels, common channels, are 19, 17, 15, 11. was when I was driving anyways. Good luck. (and you will have even more fun with your PA. pull up next to a cop......lol. jk. dont do that!!!)

just thought of the antennea....believe it was a fire stick......just use 1, as 2 that are too close together can fuck with your distance. On a big rig they are like 12' apart. doubt your ride is that wide.....

Damn, I miss driving.......

Edited by 98crewcab

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

Depends on where you are located. if you are off in the woods, your not going to get too far out, or pick up much. If you live pretty close to a freeway, you may be able to chat with some of the truckers as they pass through. depends on the power output of the cb you chose, the antennea you use, and the interference around you. invest in something nice, take it to a truckstop to find out how to turn it up, and have fun. I used to run a cobra nightwatch soundtracker. spent another $200 and got out more than 20 miles on flat land......most of your usable channels, common channels, are 19, 17, 15, 11. was when I was driving anyways. Good luck. (and you will have even more fun with your PA. pull up next to a cop......lol. jk. dont do that!!!)

just thought of the antennea....believe it was a fire stick......just use 1, as 2 that are too close together can fuck with your distance. On a big rig they are like 12' apart. doubt your ride is that wide.....

Damn, I miss driving.......

im right near a major freeway and what cb radio should i buy and what pa should i buy. should i buy the 50 watt coga pa horn or the 30 watt hornblaster pa horn. and i was thinking about getting like a $80 uniden cb radio that comes peaked and tuned already

Once or twice I have missed having a back seat / rear hatch, but all in all people love to see a walled vehcile. It just screams "i'm not fucking around with my setup, im loud"

If you live beside the freeway and will just be using the CB when bored, you don't really need anything that powerful, same with an antenna, I just took my CB out of my truck because I sold my truck, but I had a little cobra CB (don't know model off top of my head but I can go out and check if you want), and a lil wilson 500. I live out in the woods but really close to the highway, but I never used it at my house normally, most of the time I used the CB was when I was bored on the freeway wanting to catch with somebody, or keeping in touch with a lot of friends at once when out in town, if you're not going to be trying to go far, you don't really need anything big, but to get the best out of what you have, go to a truck station close to your house and get them to tune your CB and antenna. I went to the closet one that could tune them which was pretty far from my house, almost an hour drive, they made me paid $15 for them to tune my CB and antenna, and like I said before I didn't have anything big, and normally when I was in town chatting with friends to keep in touch quickly, I could reach up to around 20 miles before I started to lose them.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz