How to calculate a stock alt. power?

So the question is simple but I still can't get it.

How do I calculate I need an additional alternator/battery for the system I'm gonna build or not?

I mean how do I know how much power from stock alt/bat my car uses and how much left for me to use.

Basically the problem is what is the max power i can get w/o installing 2nd alt. My car is on warranty so I don't wanna f*ck around the stock.

im a tree hugging faggot who enjoys long penis with a side of whipped cream if you know what i mean

ive heard some people say that if your only running the electronics of the car and the lights (no heat or A/C) then about 25 amps but dont quote me im not that sure.

Edited by basshead4life

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

What kind of car. I'd put bets on it that you could Google the make, model, and year and find it online somewhere. I have no idea how to measure it though.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

What kind of car. I'd put bets on it that you could Google the make, model, and year and find it online somewhere. I have no idea how to measure it though.

It's CR-V 2008.

BTW will the "big 3" really improve the electric system and give more power?

im a tree hugging faggot who enjoys long penis with a side of whipped cream if you know what i mean

use google if you want to know how big it is.

as for how much free power it has for audio-use,

Yeah i've already watched it. the guy gives an approximate numbers and approximate is not an answer we know that right? :) thanks anyway... i'll try to google...

anyway how to calculate/measure it myself?

Edited by ArtemCRV

Yeah i've already watched it. the guy gives an approximate numbers and approximate is not an answer we know that right? :) thanks anyway... i'll try to google...

anyway how to calculate/measure it myself?

how is approximate not an answer?

the video tells you how to measure it and calculate it.

It's CR-V 2008.

BTW will the "big 3" really improve the electric system and give more power?

yes it will.

how is approximate not an answer?

well approximate means i can lose or overuse let's say 100-150 watts wich makes a huge difference, right? if i loose it means i can use more power and if i overuse it means the system will get overheat and it's NOT good... right? so i need to know an exact numbers... right? correct me if i'm wrong i'm new to this :)

i can barely comprehend what your trying to talk about. but...

100-150 watts will barely make a change in the bass volume.

the only way an amp could overheat is it your dropping voltage REALLY low or if your clipping the amp.

like i said, follow what Mike is talking about in the video. thats all your answers right there.

edit: what do you mean "i can't use manual for stock system". the big 3 lets more power from the electrical system flow around your car.

Edited by Krannyman92