How to calculate a stock alt. power?

My specs would include a 130amp alternator with a kinetik hc1400 (60ah) and an optima yellowtop d51r (28ah)

I have 2 dc level 4 12" woofers with level 5 coils. They are run by a Sundown Audio SAE-1200D amplifier at 1 ohm.

all in all, my voltage drops significantly. im seeing about 1000-1400 watts out of my amplifier after voltage drop and impedance rise.

Its pretty loud, but i need another battery and a new alternator soon. its a little too powerful for my car.

to give you an idea, my alternator only produces 90 amps of power for my system (after removing the 40amps for my running car) and the amplifier is using between 83amps and 102 amps.

these are all theoretical numbers again, the only absolute way to know for sure is to get a dc clamp meter and measure the amperage produced.

well that's the info i was looking for everywhere...

so if i have 800-1000w stereo and a new (1yo car) i will need NOTHING to add?

PS can you give some link on info about yellow top? how to choose, install and run? thanks! :)

im a tree hugging faggot who enjoys long penis with a side of whipped cream if you know what i mean

well that's the info i was looking for everywhere...

so if i have 800-1000w stereo and a new (1yo car) i will need NOTHING to add?

PS can you give some link on info about yellow top? how to choose, install and run? thanks! :)

http://www.optimabatteries.com/optima_prod...owtop/index.php

if you are running that much power, you would theoretically pull between 80 amps and 71 amps. (assuming 800watts/10volts and 1000watts/14volts)

you would probably see voltage drop with a stock 100amp alternator. your amplifier COULD be very efficient and pull less power, or your car could consume less power than i stated, or you could have an alternator that puts out more or less amps than 100.

there is a lot that will come into play when deciding if its time to upgrade. your best bet is to put the system in and install a voltage meter. while playing bass keep your eye on the meter and see how low you are dropping. if you are dropping below 12.8 volts or so, then you are no longer only using the alternator's power (you will begin pulling from the battery as well)

if you deem that your voltage dips too low, you blow fuses often, or you want a stronger electrical system; then go ahead an upgrade. it will do nothing but HELP your car and your system.

*edit*

i checked for you and found out that you will need the optima d51r yellowtop if you were to buy a battery from them. its the same battery i have in my civic. i also use the kinetik hc1400, which is the same size as the d51r. powermaster makes the d5100 series designed for our cars as well. all 3 are outstanding batteries and will all fit in our stock locations.

Edited by J00bles

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

http://www.optimabatteries.com/optima_prod...owtop/index.php

if you are running that much power, you would theoretically pull between 80 amps and 71 amps. (assuming 800watts/10volts and 1000watts/14volts)

you would probably see voltage drop with a stock 100amp alternator. your amplifier COULD be very efficient and pull less power, or your car could consume less power than i stated, or you could have an alternator that puts out more or less amps than 100.

there is a lot that will come into play when deciding if its time to upgrade. your best bet is to put the system in and install a voltage meter. while playing bass keep your eye on the meter and see how low you are dropping. if you are dropping below 12.8 volts or so, then you are no longer only using the alternator's power (you will begin pulling from the battery as well)

if you deem that your voltage dips too low, you blow fuses often, or you want a stronger electrical system; then go ahead an upgrade. it will do nothing but HELP your car and your system.

*edit*

i checked for you and found out that you will need the optima d51r yellowtop if you were to buy a battery from them. its the same battery i have in my civic. i also use the kinetik hc1400, which is the same size as the d51r. powermaster makes the d5100 series designed for our cars as well. all 3 are outstanding batteries and will all fit in our stock locations.

thank a lot! appreciate your help! you put it a understandable language so even newbie like me could understand! lol

i'll run 400-500w system 1st then upgrade it if it won't be enough... ))

im a tree hugging faggot who enjoys long penis with a side of whipped cream if you know what i mean

Yeah i've already watched it. the guy gives an approximate numbers and approximate is not an answer we know that right? :) thanks anyway... i'll try to google...

anyway how to calculate/measure it myself?

well approximate means i can lose or overuse let's say 100-150 watts wich makes a huge difference, right? if i loose it means i can use more power and if i overuse it means the system will get overheat and it's NOT good... right? so i need to know an exact numbers... right? correct me if i'm wrong i'm new to this :)

approximate = exact :01nocomment8so:

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg