What do you guys use to trim molds?

I got 2 of these :

DSCI0531.jpg

And obviously they need to be trimmed up.

Whats the best way to go about it?

2004 Yellow F150 STX 4x4 Single Cab

2 Yellow DC Power 270SP's Alts

4(and counting) XS Power 6500's

4 DD3515s Supercharged

53cu.ft 4th order blowthrough

8 DD M1b's

6 Selenium 8's

2 Selenium ST350s

154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp

Build Log

i used a diegrinder with a generic cutoff wheel, it lasted for friggin ever, cut through like butter, and made a clean cut, and you could use it to smooth it out, round edges, etc

otherwise really fine tooth holesaw, but thats a whole lot more work, diegrinders are like 30 bux at loewes and 3 bux or something for a wheel

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

thats what i was thinking, but i wasnt sure how striaght of a cut i could get with it.

4 DD3515s Supercharged

8 DD M1b's

6 Selenium 8's

2 Selenium ST350s

154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp

Build Log

thats what i was thinking, but i wasnt sure how striaght of a cut i could get with it.

mark where you want to cut with a sharpie, cut close to it or on it the best you can, and then just kinda use it to sand down until its perfect. you're not trying to cut it initially perfect, just kinda close and then just sand it till its perfect.

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

gotcha, thanks man

Also, what does everyone use to cut out their rings?

If I went the router way, Id have to order the other small Jasper Jig, if I go with a jigsaw, I risk my imperfections showing with I wrap the fleece, but then again, I guess thats what bondo is for?

4 DD3515s Supercharged

8 DD M1b's

6 Selenium 8's

2 Selenium ST350s

154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp

Build Log

gotcha, thanks man

Also, what does everyone use to cut out their rings?

If I went the router way, Id have to order the other small Jasper Jig, if I go with a jigsaw, I risk my imperfections showing with I wrap the fleece, but then again, I guess thats what bondo is for?

I use a router w/ the jasper jig..i have both..however,why don't you make your own jig?

if you really really take your time with a jigsaw you can make it happen, but a router is better and faster, not gonna lie

100_0038.jpg

as you can see, my molds with black sharpie lines that were cut out with a diegrinder and cutoff wheel, and all the rings i cut out by hand with a jigsaw. theyre obviously not perfect, but its close, and after fleece and glass and resin and bondo and whatnot it came out pretty smooth and clean.

Team DC

I can make my own jig im sure, but if the whole point of using the router is to save time, why spend time making the jig?

Anyways, I got about 6 rings to make per door, so it looks like Ill have a fun filled day of sawdust.

4 DD3515s Supercharged

8 DD M1b's

6 Selenium 8's

2 Selenium ST350s

154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp

Build Log

Ok, so I trimmed the mold out using a die grinder(worked great btw) and wrapped and glassed em after I built the frame work.

just wondering whats the best thing to use to cut the holes out of the glass?

Will a flush trim bit crack the resin into large chunks or will it eat through it like MDF?

4 DD3515s Supercharged

8 DD M1b's

6 Selenium 8's

2 Selenium ST350s

154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp

Build Log