Another Tahoe Build 18KW (RF) - 4 18"(FI BTL)

As far as power, I indeed will be relying heavly on the alts to supply the power needed, only using 2 D3100s right now. The plan is to add 2 additional D3100s, mounted in the spare tire well, first of next year. The budget for this build has been meet.

I hooked up with Rob @ DCP and using this configure should work for know. Using the external regulator means all 4 alts will act as 1 single unit. I tell yea, it nails you to the windshield right now.

I'm working on additional pics.

OK. So I installed 3/4" MDF to the underside of the rear roof using G glue and attached 1 3/4' to the cross member of the roof line. Then, using curved 1.5" MDF, was able to get the flatness needed. Then, one more solid section of 3/4" to finish off.

The enclosure is 20cuft, tuned to about 35. Oh yea batteries, forgot to mention, 2 XS Power D3100. These are mounted inside the box, one on each side.

Batts in the sub box?

if you do the rack underneath your truck put all four under there when you do just a little advice

looks really clean tho bro!! :good:

Roseville, CA

OK. So we have the 1500.4 mounted to the front of the box.

2 of the T4Ks mount upside down and the other 2 mount side to side at an angle. I know, some of you don't like windows covered like that, but really, with a box this size, who needs to see out, right.

Any way, here are some additional photos.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here are some test fit pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Side Filler panels for the front

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Buss Bars mounted

Posted Image

Some of the gounds soldered up

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also need to make new side filler panels for the rear sides. Here are some photos.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also added liner to the amp base to pull the fabric underneath and meet the 2 sides.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks like you have done this before, lol

Yea. I installed for about 15 years, mid 80's through the late 90's. For me, I have nothing but respect for audio installers. It is a tough job. For me, I found it was a better hobby than a career. I'm 40 now and this build about killed me. I don't know how I ever did it in the past.

Archived