Second Skin Audio

enclosure size for 12" Type X?

Rogers

ok so im getting ready to design an enclosure for a friend... he has a 12" Alpine type X running off of a pdx-1000.... he has a stock alt, optima up front and kinetik hc1800 in back... anyways this is going into a hyundai tiburon...

alpine reccomends 1.3 cuft net vented... but he is wanting to get the most output out of it as possible.... he listens to mainly rap, but no c&s..

so im thinking around 2 cubes net with 32ish sqin of port...

but i wanted to get a second opinnion from some guys that have had experience with the type x...

also what is the best alignment for a hatch back? i was just thinking about doin sub and port facing back...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

follow alpine's guidelines, that sub is kinda picky and really needs to be in just the right box to be all it can be. i'd reccomend spec sealed honestly. if you want output tell him to sell it and buy 2 type r's. type r>type x output wise

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

follow alpine's guidelines, that sub is kinda picky and really needs to be in just the right box to be all it can be. i'd reccomend spec sealed honestly. if you want output tell him to sell it and buy 2 type r's. type r>type x output wise

yeah so my question is what the hell is the point of the type x?... the specs arent that much better than the type r... not enough for the price... honestly i was trying to get him to buy an aq hdc3.... but anyways alpine suggests a 1" x 12" slot port.... and all i can think is that has port noise written all over it.... oh well... /rant....

anyways keep the suggestions comming my way...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

Type X is their SQ sub. Not all subs are the same...T/S parameters are just numbers. In no way will tell you the tonality of a subwoofer nor the sound of it.

I would go bigger than 1.3 cu ft vented...enclosure sizes can vary. Also Alpines suggestions are always on the smaller size of things because most people don't want big boxes taking up their cargo space.

I would go between 1.75 - 2.25 cu ft tuning between 30-35Hz

Archived