DC Sound Lab

2 Dc Sounds Level 5 18"s on 8k-10k??

I feel ya man, got to do whats best for you, right? Now, one option I failed to mention, even though this is on the DC Forum, and I love Rusty's products, I might suggest another sub. Sundown Audio Nightshade 18's will work in as small as 4ft3 net each and still give suprising results.

Whatever you decide, good luck :good:

Ya I am pretty set on DC atm, especially with the pricing. Ima make it work!

My cadillac trunk measures out about the same... Maybe a tad bit smaller. If I were to go all the way up to the end of the trunk it'd be around 13 cubes.. max width of 39 height of 17 and depth of around 36 inches... I don't see that happening in a vic... You'd almost have to wall it just to get proper airspace for 18s, I went with two twelves and around 7 cubic feet of external box volume just to save SOME trunk space for tools/batteries. If built around the spare tire well and side walls utilizing the entire trunk space... You may have enough for two 18's. Properly bracing the box will drastically reduce your airspace though.. My total volume was around 7.3 external after displacements it dropped down to around 4.7, I'd love to see the finished product... An see if it holds up with that kind of power.

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

I have 48" width, 28" height and 28" depth in the tub alone. Whats the equation to figure out airspace?

Subtrat wood thickness from those measurements(sp?) and multiply the 3 numbers together. Then divide the answer by 1728.

You'll wanta use at least 1" wood (just to be on the safe side) so:

48-1=47

28-1=27

47 * 27 * 27 = 34,263

34,263 / 1728 = 19.8

So 19.8 cubic feet using 1" thick wood (assuming the measurements you gave are correct).

With that much airspace, you could make it out of double layered 1" thick wood (for a total of 2" thickness) and still have about 17.99 cubic feet.

EDIT: Not including internal bracing, of course.

EDIT: Well crap. I just used an online calc to check my math, and either it's ****** up or my math is, cause with 2" wood thickness, it's giving me 14.667 cubic feet. Still plenty, but less than what I got originally.

EDIT: found the problem. My math was off, but quite a lot.

Edited by 1992Chevy K1500

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card