My car losing power and shutting off

Okay, i have a 92 nissan sentra. The car ran fine for a long while. Recently, the lights would start to dim, and when i would turn on the AC or the lights, the radio would shut off. Anyhow, one night, I was driving it home, everything dimmed, and the car shut off. I changed the alternator last year so I didnt think it was that, so I changed the battery yesterday. Tonight when I went to drive it everything started to dim again. Not really sure what it could be, maybe you guys have some input? The car still drives fine (when it drives) so Im not sure what it could be. thoughts?

Another thing, if i let the car sit for a while, like a day or two, and go to start it back up, it starts up fine.

:)

Guest DC Power Kyle

Sounds like the alternator is bad. Turn on your car and hook up a multimeter to the battery to see what voltage you're at. if you are less than 13 volts you most likely got a bad alternator. Report back with the results :)

Possibly a loose wire in the charging/starting system. I'd look over all wires, make sure they aren't frayed and that all grounds are good and tight. I just had this problem two days ago and turned out to be a bad power lead from the alternator to the starter.