Second Skin Audio

Box for rf T2 15?

lol its hard to throw away 30 bucks worth of wood without at least giving it a go...I didnt know wood glue was preffered to silicone though so I'll use that next time...and yeah I was irritated when I got home and started putting it together....some of the cuts slanted as much as 1/2" so therefore the cracks instead of actual seems:(....ill be going to get wood tomorrow and will go to my buddy's house this weekend to get the board cuts done right:) ill follow up once it's done...any suggestions for tuning before I start designing it?

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

Mine's in 6cubes tuned to 35hertz. The box is REALLY efficient for a T2 but way too big for a typical trunk. There's no way you'll be able to build that big a box and still be able to remove it. But the T2 seems to be a versatile sub and even with a tuning of 35hertz it still has a very high range. I would say anywhere between 2-3ft^3 tuned between 35-40hertz. Its all based on your music preferences really and size limits. Don't get lazy building the box, if your a nube measure 6 times and put everything on paper first so you can look at it. If you aren't comfortable with understanding or building ported boxes, just use rockfords recommended enclosure specs. Work on woodworking skills first with this box, and then once you have a real good understanding of ported, or even more complicated enclosures, then you can start making your boxes fit your particular application. Glue each seam, dont nail and then run glue along the crack. One of the local shops around here still do that and then cover it up with carpet. Their custom enclosures sound like shit and leak like mo fos. Glue each seem and then nail or screw if you don't have clamps or can't get a clamp on the particular piece. Hope this makes sense, if you need further explaination, just PM me and I'll elaborate a little better.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!