Does anybody know how many amp's my alternator put's out

Does anybody know how many amp's my alternator put's out??? I have a 2001 Chevy tahoe 5.3 v8.

And can i run do the big 3 on it?

I heard that if you use too big of power wire you will strain your alternator?

Is this true? :clapping:

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

Does anybody know how many amp's my alternator put's out??? I have a 2001 Chevy tahoe 5.3 v8. IDK, at leat 100 though

And can i run do the big 3 on it? yes

I heard that if you use too big of power wire you will strain your alternator? No. It's not true.

Is this true? :clapping:

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

you can never have too big of a power wire. do the big 3 in 0 gauge wire, thats your best bet right there. if you have the stock alternator, you can usually just look it up on google or usually it says on the alternator itself

Thanks bro!

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

you can never have too big of a power wire. do the big 3 in 0 gauge wire, thats your best bet right there. if you have the stock alternator, you can usually just look it up on google or usually it says on the alternator itself

Thanks

I tried looking around but it should be around 130-160 amps.

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

Thanks bro!

You helped me alot! :hairtrick:

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

Does anybody know the exact output?

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

Guest DC Power Rob
Does anybody know the exact output?

In 2001, it was either (believe it or not) 105 amps, or 130 amps.. If it's a stock (OEM) alternator that's never been changed, the GM part # will be engraved on side of the case.. 105 amp alts will be about 5.25" case OD, 130/145 amp alts will be just under 6".. 2001 was the oddball year, they didn't have the 145 amp AD244 yet, and most of the trucks/Tahoes etc came with 105 amp alts, and the occasional 130 amp. In '02 --> Full size GM SUV's, 145 amp was standard, with 160 amp Bosch alts becoming optional in '04.... Sorry if I was long winded, Rob

In 2001, it was either (believe it or not) 105 amps, or 130 amps.. If it's a stock (OEM) alternator that's never been changed, the GM part # will be engraved on side of the case.. 105 amp alts will be about 5.25" case OD, 130/145 amp alts will be just under 6".. 2001 was the oddball year, they didn't have the 145 amp AD244 yet, and most of the trucks/Tahoes etc came with 105 amp alts, and the occasional 130 amp. In '02 --> Full size GM SUV's, 145 amp was standard, with 160 amp Bosch alts becoming optional in '04.... Sorry if I was long winded, Rob

Tkanks Rob. :drinks:

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

Archived