Jump to content

Need a Bit of Help Choosing Speakers


CaptainzPlanetz

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok so I need some help on choosing some speakers.

For the front I would like to get a component set, they will need to be 5 1/4 in size.

And for the Rear a Pair of By 9's.

The Power for them will be a Kicker Zx.650

Which is rated at 120x4 at 4ohms or 170x4 at 2 ohms.

So the speakers will need to be able to handle about 150-180rms a piece.

The Budget for the Component set is up to about 250-300.

And for the By 9's about 150.

I could vary the price a bit on either.

So give me yalls suggestions for the set-up.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Posted

Well, I know this isn't really what you're looking for, but I just got a set of Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" components, and I have to say they really sound great. I don't have them set up optimally in my car (installed in stock locations), but they are clear and you can hear little bits in songs that you haven't heard before. Only thing I noticed is that they seem to compress at high volume. I don't know if thats just something that happens to all speakers, or if maybe it's my amp settings or headunit. I know this model isn't really what you're looking for because of power handling and size, but maybe one of their higher end models like this might work. They don't handle all the power you're looking to feed them, but I think they can probably handle like 20 or so watts over their rated power handling. But you can just keep the gain low.... I think these might be more for SQ, but I'm sure they will get loud. I don't know what you have as far as subs either, so I don't know if you are looking for sq or spl. Anyways, that's my suggestion. I'm impressed with their products so far with what I've seen.

as468x60pxbanner.gif


My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

Posted
Well, I know this isn't really what you're looking for, but I just got a set of Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" components, and I have to say they really sound great. I don't have them set up optimally in my car (installed in stock locations), but they are clear and you can hear little bits in songs that you haven't heard before. Only thing I noticed is that they seem to compress at high volume. I don't know if thats just something that happens to all speakers, or if maybe it's my amp settings or headunit. I know this model isn't really what you're looking for because of power handling and size, but maybe one of their higher end models like this might work. They don't handle all the power you're looking to feed them, but I think they can probably handle like 20 or so watts over their rated power handling. But you can just keep the gain low.... I think these might be more for SQ, but I'm sure they will get loud. I don't know what you have as far as subs either, so I don't know if you are looking for sq or spl. Anyways, that's my suggestion. I'm impressed with their products so far with what I've seen.

It's fine man, I am open to all suggestions. I might even order some kicks from QLogic and get a second set of components if thats what needs to be done to use the amp to it full potential.

And the subs I will be using are 2 12" LVL4 XL's of off 2K a piece, they will be firing into the cabin sealed off from the trunk.

Keep the Suggestions coming guys.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Posted

As for the 5 1/4 component set these dieamonds sound great and are in the perfect price range for you:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17177_...09+MODEL-+.html

And as for the 6x9 speakers, these speakers sound pretty dang good but are just screaming: http://crossfirecaraudio.com/htdoc/cf_m01_product_10_hc.asp

sorry about the links im new to the forum and still learning how to use features. hope i helped you with those suggestions :)

The Ride: 2000 Chevy Malibu

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-2100IB

Front Speakers: Eclipse 6.5 3-way component set

Rear Speakers: Eclipse Integrated Series 4-way 6x9

Diamond Audio D3 15 dual 4 ohm in a 2.75 cubic foot box

Amps:

Diamond D1 400.1(sub)

Diamond D6 450.2(6.5)

Orion Cobalt 300.2( 6x9)

Dual 4 Guage Runs.

Term Lab- 136.9 dB in the kick sealed

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 833 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...