What Laws or Acts do you feel impair your freedoms and why?

:rofl::cray:

I'm sorry, did I stutter?

im just gonna say fuck tint laws

YES good one.

Wow epic fail.. thats all i really have to say.. This is about the government restricting/impeding our freedoms. Seat belts laws are one of those. Its not a necessary law because in way does not wearing your seat belt affect anyone other than yourself physically. And there actually countries where Marijuana is legal, do research. And i believe somewhere a study was done and a lower drinking age actually reduced the death toll of alcohol related accidents. And that lowering the drinking age actually didnt have much of a negative effect, and it showed that the lowered drinking age did not in fact cause more teens to drink. It was about a 2 week long lesson we went over in one of my classes. The lesson was basically covered our final.

Research is your friend. Uneducated responses are not.

Exactly, for every study that shows one thing, another study shows another. Regardless, with the drinking ordeal, I'm all for harsher DUI laws as they are potentially harmful to others, but there is no reason safe drinkers should be punished. Oh and just so he doesn't have to go all the way to google on his own, in the Netherlands, you can legally carry under 5 oz. of marijana, no worries at all...anyone who knows anything about weed knows that there has never ever been a recreational smoker who carries 5 oz. of the drug anywhere...big time potheads get maybe a half oz. at a time. So yes, it is legal there, just not in public places like on the street. You can't drink liquor on the street here, doesn't mean we say liquor isn't legal in America. It just has strict rules.

ok... seatbelt law... lets think about the other side of this. if i run into your car and your not wearing a seatbelt, you will be hurt more. then in turn you will sue me for a ton on money cause now you cant walk anymore (just an example lol). now my life is fucked because i have to pay you 4k every month to pay off your medical bills and all the money you won in court.

ive heard a lot of people complain about laws "impairing freedom" but on the other side, they protect someones freedom. now how do you decide who to impair and who to give more freedom to? well with a seatbelt law, thats saves your life and mine (as per the example above). think about who these laws help and see if its more important to help those people than it is for you to have your way. because that choice has to be made.

1. You CAN be hurt more, depends on the accident.

2. If you are at fault, you better hope that the person dies from flying out rather than getting into a vegetable state, haven't you ever seen A Civil Action? If not, watch it and learn.

3. You were at fault for an accident, why would we develop a law just to protect your financial state?

4. Who the fuck is the government to decide who's freedoms to protect...try reading, these laws are for state money, and are intertwined with laws allowing for searching vehicles without reason. In other words, they were created as a way to get the government a quick buck and loophole around the 4th amendment.

I heard on CNN talk radio last night a guy got arrested for making coffee in his kitchen in the morning naked...

There happen to be just for that instant, a mother walking her child somewhere at 530am, and his window was open enough to just get caught

And the guy is getting a Exposing himself in public offense

Now that is bull shit if you ask me

edit:

I think the woman should have been charged for being a peeping tom

Wow fuck that shit.

the marajuana one is bullshit

in sept. the fda outlawed flavored ciggarettes (besides menthol) on the basis that its more attractive to children...which leads to the outlawing of flavored tobacco products in general. so as of right now no more cloves or strawberry ciggs. soon it will mean swisher sweets and flavored pipe tobacco are illegal. after that comes cigars/dutches (and i'm gonna be pissed when my vanilla dutch is more illegal than my weed). (http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm183211.htm for FDA press release)

the point is, it was banned on the basis that its more attractive to kids. that reasoning means it can be expanded over time to other flavored products. how long till blueberry vodka or mikes hard lemonade is banned?

and i presented an article on that in a consumer behavior class, and someone raised the question of "if they're going to moderate things that can make something dangerous more attractive, why dont they outlaw tanning because it can lead to skin cancer?"

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23483537-421,00.html <to support that, cuz noone believes me that its true...delaware apparantly tried something similar.

the issue is, these are beyond "moral" laws/enforcement, they are "parenting" laws. how much longer till i get fined for not wearing a jacket when its cold out?

and i answered, THEY DID! in australia apparantly you have to be 18 to use a tanning bed.

Parenting laws are CONTROL LAWS...they are a slow steady way to take power, which show less obtrusively than declaring war or a coup d'etas. They are authoritarianism being worked into what should be a democracy.

Don't let your government take control of your lives. If you want the world to be a better place, have a few kids, teach them right from wrong, and be good enough parents that the messages will stick. Don't let a group of greedy bureaucrats determine what moral code you must follow.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

What if you walk outside and by doing so reflect a ray of sunlight into someones eye as they were driving and they swerve, causing a semi behind them to stop short, forcing the person behind them to swerve into a tree, not hurting the driver but knocking out a baseball that had been stuck in the branches. It rolls under someones bike when and they flip over and land on their two feet. A driver witnessing this is distracted by the bike scenario and hits a pedestrian, killing him. Should we be restricted from walking outside? I think so, the logic is flawless.

LOL, this sounds like it could be a scene in Final Destination.

I agree with the Noise Violation BS, if they are gonna give me a ticket for loud music, the same should be for the people with the harleys, or the guys driving around with the Glass Packs. If it is gonna be a law it shouldnt discriminate to a certain group of people.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

The only law that bugs me is in Kansas, we can't buy beer on Sunday. Luckily I can drive a couple miles to Missouri and buy it.

Oh, and I've got this little bastard neighbor kid who keeps riding his shitty little motorcycle through my yard. I don't like that it would be a crime if I went out there and run a wire across his path right about neck level.

you should start leaving nails out there :lol:

or tie a thin, almost invisible, wire around two trees

I know if I ever find out you were messing with my 17yr old daughter, i'm diggin' off in that ass and then your next post will be asking for tips on how to remove my size 12 shoes from your ass.

Open Up The Trunk

Pioneer P6000Ub H.U.

Sundown Saz-1500D

Hifonics ZXi 4410

12" Directed SX12D4 (x2)

12" 1500rms Sub x1

Front - Powerbass 4XL-65-92 Mids

Rear - Cadence 6.5" Mids

Electrical Under Construction

Check Me Out(CarAudio Vids)

Official Feedback Thread

Check Out My Music Page