Electrical upgrades to run MTX 81000d

I just acquired an MTX 81000d for a good price and was planning on pushing two Alpine type-R dual 2ohm 12's with it. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for electrical upgrades for about 1500rms into 2 ohms final. Car is a 96 Grand Prix 4-door with a...CS130d alt, 105 amps, factory one. Right now I have a run of 4 gauge for a sub amp and a run of 8 gauge for a mids and highs amp. I have some 2-gauge welding wire I could run but it's all of 19 strands and a bitch to bend. I also have another stock alt that I could maybe adapt to fit somewhere to run a back batt. Speaking of batts, I have a load of good vented ones. Could I build some sort of vented box for one and fit it in the trunk? Or is that bad?

I'm just looking for anyone with experience with these amps and how much current they draw, what wiring you should have done, big 3/alt/batts or whatever they needed to keep up with the sucker. Thanks for the help.

-Austin.

Edited by ktownsdriftking

Too many projects, too little time...

The big 3 is always a good Idea. Actually, you should just atart there, because you will have to do it eventyally before you do otherthings. You might want to consider 1/0 if you are planning to upgrade

My 93 chevy truck Orion HCCA 15's Build

6K HID's

2 orion HCCA 15.4

2 AP30001D's

2 optima yellowtops, 2 C&D 270fr's, all 3 tsunami 1/0, CS144 190 amp

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p300-1

Kole KX1 5500D -broken