Second Skin Audio

Thinking of doing 4th-order

EBP tells you what kind of box to put it in. A million other things tell you where to tune it.

No hassle :)

But yeah. We need to decide on a big pile of things and then I'll do a box design for you. Can be my project for the weekend or something :P

(Sorry if these have been answered above, I skim-read it)

1. Do you REALLY want to play down to 20hz?

2. What car is this going in?

3. What dimensions do we have to work with?

1- it would be liked but if it is not realistic then it's not a big deal.

2+3- 1996 Pontiac Grand Prix, 36 wide 16 high and...32+ long? I know the box I have now is 16 long and I could definitely fit two of them in.

Biggest concern is getting it in the opening; I may have to build in the trunk. I will get measurements right now and edit htem into here.

EDIT: depth is about 35", but trunk opening is about 17" from decklid arms to latch and about 47 wide.

Edited by ktownsdriftking

Too many projects, too little time...

been kinda playing aroudn with ideas, at the girlfriends right now on a mac so no full winISD but using ISD online. Just plugged in the params and hit optimal for 4th order and got Vf of 31.8 Vr of 48.61 and Fb of 47.61. Flat response from 35 to 65hz if that chart is believable. Any thoughts? IDK about it since it only used Vas Qts and Fs...

Now remember i have no Fin clue about BP boxes, but could you mount the subs to the back of the baffle, and have the rear of the box removable like a SPL port in some peoples setups.?? Im curious how this works as well :hairtrick:

I used silicone caulk, put a bead on one surface then put wax paper on top to make a gasket, after it sets up take off the wax paper and screw it together

I needs me some mo opinions! I wanna try and build this ish tomorrow!

How about 3cubes sealed 4 cubes ported tuned to 40Hz with 2 6x9" ports?

EDIT: I have it graphed next to a 3.6@35Hz box with 58sq in of port and the 4th order kills the ported below 35, matches it a at 35, and kills it again from 40-55, then drops off. I can expect cabin gain to handle that drop up high right?

Edited by ktownsdriftking

Sorry to doublepost but I got a box plan for the above setup if anyone can check it for me.

Total dimensions are 36x16x35. Sealed chamber is 34.5x14.5x10.5 internal, ported is 34.5x14.5x16.5 internal, 10 inches of the 34.5x3 port in the box, and the remaining 16 out the front of the box, up and right at the rear tray (16 inches height.) Can someone do a quick sketchup of it maybe? I'm no good with it =/ I will try what I can to slap together a cutsheet but if someone beats me to it that would rock.