subs in home question.

Hey guys, I've recently took my 2 12w3's and my 500/1 out of my car. I have it hooked up as far as power, but I'm having a problem hooking it to my reciever. My reciever only has 1 pre-amp out. would I hook this to the red or black input on my amp? Or what would I need to do to make this work?

Thanks for your time.

The Current Rides:

2003 GS300: Eclipse AVN-5435, Diamond Audio components, JL 300/4, Old school punch 60, Kicker comp VR10. Nothing rediclous

2003 Ford Expedition - Eclipse AVN-5510, JL 13W7 and 1000/1. Soon to be bigger :)

I had it like that on my old reciever. but this one doesn't have a pos and neg, just 1 pre-amp

The Current Rides:

2003 GS300: Eclipse AVN-5435, Diamond Audio components, JL 300/4, Old school punch 60, Kicker comp VR10. Nothing rediclous

2003 Ford Expedition - Eclipse AVN-5510, JL 13W7 and 1000/1. Soon to be bigger :)

G'day MT.

Your power amplifier uses a stereo to mono buffered summing circuit to combine left and right signals into one mono signal to amplify.

Take a single RCA lead from your subwoofer out on your home theatre system and plug that into either of your amplifier inputs. Left is usually the dominant input.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

Archived