Windows 7

Who has used it? Comments/Opinions?

I received Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition from Microsoft as a gift for hosting a Windows 7 House Party. Installed it (x64) and wow, It automatically had all of the drivers for all of my hardware. The new style of the taskbar is weird, but it's pretty cool once you get used to it. Way faster than Vista x64, and way more stable, I've had no application compatibility issues with Vista x64 or Win7 x64. Though how they changed WMP is kind of stupid, but it works.

Who else has tried it?

oh and my pc specs

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Signature Edition

Intel C2D E8500 3.16GHZ

Intel DP35DP Motherboard

Tuniq Tower 120 HSF

Xigmatek 650watt Modular PSU

EVGA eGeForce 8800GTS 320mb PCI-E

2x Western Digital 500GB SATA2 HDD

1x Samsung SpinPoint F1 500GB HDD

LG L206WTY Monitor (20.1" WFP)

Logitech Quickcam 9000

Teasers:

windowclippings21082.th.png

programmanager40753.th.png

windowsmediaplayer12442.th.png

computer63348.th.png

windowclippings31983.th.png

controlpanel33602.th.png

windowclippings5059.th.png

windowclippings20856.th.png if you're wondering why the second clock is set to baghdad time it's because my brother in the army is stationed in iraq. i like to know that im not trying to email him at some ridiculously early time.

My opinion. If you have a computer than can run Win7 and you're running Vista. Upgrade now!

No Stereo Equipment... yet...

Using it now. Very fast. Just downloaded new Antivirus. I like the looks. Compatible with almost all of my hardware (my external wireless device doesn't have Windows 7 drivers yet, but I think they might soon).

Haven't run any performance tests yet, but downloads very fast. I'm only running 2 gigs of memory, but runs as fast as XP did when I had it. I'm not disappointed.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

EDIT: to my above post, uses only 1 gig of memory while downloading 15 different pages in IE8 at the same time. :) :) :) I'll download Itunes and play a movie and see what it uses then.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Using it now. Very fast. Just downloaded new Antivirus. I like the looks. Compatible with almost all of my hardware (my external wireless device doesn't have Windows 7 drivers yet, but I think they might soon).

Haven't run any performance tests yet, but downloads very fast. I'm only running 2 gigs of memory, but runs as fast as XP did when I had it. I'm not disappointed.

yer not the only one with that prob. he has a usb dongle for his wireless and is waiting for the drivers.

im still waiting for it to be out a little longer and see if there is any bugs that surface. im not having a probs with vista ultimate x64 but would like to see what the increase in speed is.

I haven't found anything major, im having a weird window issue with windows live messenger, but it happens. It's a MAJOR increase from vista ultimate x64, firefox opens in half of the time, pretty much everything is click and its loaded. Word 2007 from click to being able to type is around 1.8 seconds, it's quite impressive.

No Stereo Equipment... yet...

I haven't found anything major, im having a weird window issue with windows live messenger, but it happens. It's a MAJOR increase from vista ultimate x64, firefox opens in half of the time, pretty much everything is click and its loaded. Word 2007 from click to being able to type is around 1.8 seconds, it's quite impressive.

that impressive speed! welp looks like ill give tigerdirect a look see about ordering. what is that weird thing that the changed about media player?? that what i use, i did use win amp for a while but took a liking to the wmp.

Archived