Sonic Electronix

Clair Carvers anyone?

img1258947216781.jpg

the back of them before signal wire was put in, i love the power strips they left in the racks, feed them 250v, it splits it off into 2 125v circuits and theres a nice cable race in there to tidy up cabling.

img1258947219207.jpg

img1258947218146.jpg

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

That's what I'm talking about! Racks and stacks bloke, way to roll. I love it. I think the BFM earn's its name, no? And those Clair/Carvers will put out the spruice juicy goose-goose.

How's this for disappointing news? First Martin's (Martin Brothers Fukai), then Powersoft Digams (Tasso 'lightweight switching amplifier) and now Lab.Gruppens.

http://www.china-sanway.com/Product.asp?Bi...wer%20Amplifier

They just don't get it. Design a product yourself, and market it as something OTHER than a rip-off of everything else and Westerners will buy it. For shit's sake, Sanway even label their rip-off JBL's with the same JBL model number and product code. That's why I am happy to go with iBO. Yes, they are made in China, but aren't some bullshit rip-off of another speaker.

It shouldn't be something to rant about, but it really dissapoints me when an R&D department put in the hard yards for a product and the Chinese clone houses rip it.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

hey what do yall know about servo drive bass tech 7's?

The Servo-Drive systems had an electric servo motor coupled to a diaphragm to reproduce audio. It had a gear system similar to a rack and pinion. Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping. I remember reading that for a Michael Jackson concert, they used a large number of Servo-Drive's clustered in front of the stage, fed by two Crown Macro-Tech 10000VZ (Yes, you read that right.) The feed came off a volume pedal underneath the FOH console, so that when the tech wanted to swell the bass, he had a foot pedal to do so. I tried that out (the footpedal, not the massive stacks of servodrives off boat anchors), and it was awesome!

Servo-drive technology has been supersceded by more effecient drivers, advancements in cabinet building and amplification, and the widespread introduction of psychoacoustic bass modification (MaxxBass, Kosmos etc).

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

What do you mean by 'need work'? Needs a recone? Not going to happen, don't have cones. A new driver for them will be hard to find.

Need some paint, carpet or bog? Hop on them.

As a fellow bass player, I think that's a great ROD if you have a low B. You will need a cabinet to get the higher registers, but cross those Servodrives down low (pick up a Behringer DCX2496 for this, you will need delay, dynamics and filtering) and prepare to let out the doom! If they still pass audio cleanly, I would not hesitate.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

Hmmm....well, for that price I would pick them up. If the work is cheap, then you have four fantastic drivers. It may be a bit more than you were hoping, but keep the repair price realistic and you can end up with four phenominal speakers.

I'd do it.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

That's what I'm talking about! Racks and stacks bloke, way to roll. I love it. I think the BFM earn's its name, no? And those Clair/Carvers will put out the spruice juicy goose-goose.

How's this for disappointing news? First Martin's (Martin Brothers Fukai), then Powersoft Digams (Tasso 'lightweight switching amplifier) and now Lab.Gruppens.

http://www.china-sanway.com/Product.asp?Bi...wer%20Amplifier

They just don't get it. Design a product yourself, and market it as something OTHER than a rip-off of everything else and Westerners will buy it. For shit's sake, Sanway even label their rip-off JBL's with the same JBL model number and product code. That's why I am happy to go with iBO. Yes, they are made in China, but aren't some bullshit rip-off of another speaker.

It shouldn't be something to rant about, but it really dissapoints me when an R&D department put in the hard yards for a product and the Chinese clone houses rip it.

Cheers,

Mick

glad you like them, still got a lot of work to do but it's getting there.

God do the BFM's earn their name. its easier to handle one of the subs than move those monitors lol. but they are LOUD. the Clair/Carvers do put out some power. their not rated for a whole lot, but they smoke a PLX 3602 with ease. the mono blocks do alright on the subs, they could use a little more power, but theyre fine for now until we can find some macro tech 5k's or the like.

that is pretty disappointing. i didnt know sanway was ripping off everyone's designs like that.

The Servo-Drive systems had an electric servo motor coupled to a diaphragm to reproduce audio. It had a gear system similar to a rack and pinion. Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping. I remember reading that for a Michael Jackson concert, they used a large number of Servo-Drive's clustered in front of the stage, fed by two Crown Macro-Tech 10000VZ (Yes, you read that right.) The feed came off a volume pedal underneath the FOH console, so that when the tech wanted to swell the bass, he had a foot pedal to do so. I tried that out (the footpedal, not the massive stacks of servodrives off boat anchors), and it was awesome!

Servo-drive technology has been supersceded by more effecient drivers, advancements in cabinet building and amplification, and the widespread introduction of psychoacoustic bass modification (MaxxBass, Kosmos etc).

Cheers,

Mick

i lol'd at the "not the massive stacks of servodrives off boat anchors". We could actually buy some of the old Macro Tech 10k's from Clair, and considered it, but 2 of those would damn near use our whole power distro.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Archived