Sonic Electronix

1 15 Ported thru the rear deck???

so long story short i was going thru the thread "ATTN LOUD TRUNKS" and started to think on doing 2 15's or 1 15 ported to the rear deck..right now i have a (1) DC level 4 15 ported to 30hz in a 96 intrepid(trunk) yeah it bumps but not like i spected..plus i got ALOT of rattles in the trunk..so i want to eliminate that..so the ported in the rear deck got to me BAD so now i want to make a box ported to the rear deck but dont know where to start on the box. or how much space im going to need etc. i was thinking on cutting a squared whole on my rear deck lets say around 12 inches wide and 5 inches high..or if a small sized whole works than thats even better.. so i need alot of ideas and help. guys help a brotha out.

dont gotta worry on electrical. its all under control the amps are wired and working great on my DC level 4 15.. dont have voltage drops or dimming. i did the big 3 added extra batts.

so any help or idea would be apreciated..

thanks!

dubie

Edited by DUBIE

do you want to do a tru port thru cause ya have to figure out the two chambers the sealed chamber and the ported chamber as well as port length my buddys shop did one memphis 15 on 400 watts in a port thru the rear deck and it slammed for 400 watts but one thing about these boxes is they have a narrow bandwith within the tune of the enclosure but they hit hard if your seats don't fold down this would work great but if your seats fold down i would suggest box and port firing forward sealed off from the trunk

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

do you want to do a tru port thru cause ya have to figure out the two chambers the sealed chamber and the ported chamber as well as port length my buddys shop did one memphis 15 on 400 watts in a port thru the rear deck and it slammed for 400 watts but one thing about these boxes is they have a narrow bandwith within the tune of the enclosure but they hit hard if your seats don't fold down this would work great but if your seats fold down i would suggest box and port firing forward sealed off from the trunk

yeah like a thru port..i was thinking on 2 15's but since i already have one i should just use that one for now and upgrade later..and also my seats dont fold down at all..i just want to port it thru the rear deck and try to get it loud of out 2300 rms..you think you could give me some ideas or sketches bro?..you seem to know and have experience with these type of things..

I'm tempted to port through the rear deck myself... It's a lot of work, my friend has a 90s model bonneville sse with 3 CVX 12's ported through the rear deck. It slumps... Very tempting... Quite a bit of work though

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

im down to do this..ill work on it everyday if i have to..maybe if someone has some pics of trunks that are rear ported would also help..right now im lost on were to start the port and how big is the box gonna be and the volume,tuned to etc..all that stuff..

you don't have enough trunk for two fiteens ported through the boxes require alot of space the box has to be built in two parts the sealed part where the sub mounts and the ported half of the box I dont have working knowledge on them just seen quite a few my friend has built in his shop try to find some one who can take the specs for your sub and draw you up some plans for the box if your handy with wood you can build this yourself the ported part goes in first so you can line up where the port will go through the rear deck and then you can cut the hole out your gonna need some kind of metal cutting tool oh the box will look like two seperate boxes for the sub ones seald ones ported hope this helps you get the idea what im talkin about

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Tune higher and you'll see a big difference... 30hz tuning doesn't exactly cover the entire octave range.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Tune higher and you'll see a big difference... 30hz tuning doesn't exactly cover the entire octave range.

mostly all my boxes have been 30-34hz..and they sound great..and also mostly i listen to low deep bass,slow songs.